ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some advice advancing rooms  (Read 1054 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Need some advice advancing rooms
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:35 pm »

As someone who works AV in hotels, I will say that I have always found it more beneficial to advance a show with outside AV - I get to know the WX freqs they're using, what power is being used, and maybe help some cool people with items they forgot or beed supplemented.

We all need to eat, but the table is bog enough.

I say call the AV crew at the other locations and see if they can help you out with specifics for trim height, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my POV, being the outside contractor in your hotel, I try to be the "guest on a mission."  Part of that is developing a relationship with the in-house provider.

While I'm all about being fully self-contained or getting my client to pay for deck sections, I'd rather throw the in-house provider a bone for some of the stuff that I can be reasonably certain they can do.  I may bring my own stuff, too, so if a problem develops I'm covered - but having the in-house provider as a part of my team makes sense.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 18 queries.