ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft ViSi Remote iPad app  (Read 10040 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Soundcraft ViSi Remote iPad app
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »

Soundcraft's software, firmware, and UI has been really bad for quite a while. They need to step up their game if they want to compete. When they are losing the sale of a Vi1 because the app on an X32 works better, that is a real problem!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »

Mutes would be a nice basic feature on the app.

I forgot about mutes... I use VCA's to get around that issue, but I find it interesting that the app has no ideas the mute groups exist.

If there is a mute group active, on the app the channels appear live.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »

Soundcraft's software, firmware, and UI has been really bad for quite a while. They need to step up their game if they want to compete. When they are losing the sale of a Vi1 because the app on an X32 works better, that is a real problem!

I'm not exaggerating when I say I had at least 3 different times I had a client sold on a Vi desk only to show them the app and then they went with another desk. Like it or not people expect basic app functionality. As far as the Vi portion of the app I would seriously rather they just not have an app. I keep saying this, but few manufacturers have disappointed me that much on a product that I love and otherwise really want to love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

I'm still hoping they give us Vi users something more than faders, like ANYTHING. Useless app and been the same for multiple years

The 6.0 and higher versions of the Vi console software gets the same control on ViSi as the Si series. 4.8 is stuck with whatcha got.
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »

The 6.0 and higher versions of the Vi console software gets the same control on ViSi as the Si series. 4.8 is stuck with whatcha got.

Yabbut, I was controlling my 01v96 with a PC waaaay back in 2009-2010. The X32 came out with a killer remote client suite that even supports Raspberry Pi and midi fader devices. Avid/Digi desks have always had PC remotes. Soundcraft is way behind in this area and needs desperately to catch up.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »

Yabbut, I was controlling my 01v96 with a PC waaaay back in 2009-2010. The X32 came out with a killer remote client suite that even supports Raspberry Pi and midi fader devices. Avid/Digi desks have always had PC remotes. Soundcraft is way behind in this area and needs desperately to catch up.

I don't want to sound like some upper crust jackhole here.... but if I had to chose between x32 with an iPad and being stuck behind a Vi5000... I'll chose sonic quality anyday. Besides, my whole point is that the new soundcraft stuff has a lot of ipad functionality. Just so happens that the consoles they don't even support anymore don't. Same way that an ipad 2 can't run the latest iOS.
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »

I don't want to sound like some upper crust jackhole here.... but if I had to chose between x32 with an iPad and being stuck behind a Vi5000... I'll chose sonic quality anyday. Besides, my whole point is that the new soundcraft stuff has a lot of ipad functionality. Just so happens that the consoles they don't even support anymore don't. Same way that an ipad 2 can't run the latest iOS.

I'm not trying to make the x32 sound like a dragon slayer here. I agree that if the event requires a top shelf console, by all means use a top shelf console. I'm a big fan of the Vi series. I've loved them since they came out.

But what if the event requires a top shelf console and a remote control? I would choose a CL5 probably. Or the new PM10 maybe. Point is, if you require a remote app, Soundcraft will lose at every segment of the market.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »

Well...
Vi1 was still on the last price sheet I got from Harman, so not sure why it wouldn't be supported. Besides, they did the Si updates what, two years ago? I was thinking they would update the Vi too. It put a bad taste in my mouth for sure (which is probably obvious). I told the client what SC told me, "the app will be updated soon with full functionality like the Si". Two years later I look like a yahoo because I sold them something SC apparently never intended on updating. 

Tom Der

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »

I rarely monitor the forum but while researching something else i can across this thread-There will be an update soon (60 days?) that brings similar functionality to older Vi consoles that the current Vi0000 and Vi000 range currently enjoys.

(moderators-remind me if i'm out of boundsi've forgotten all the response rules)

Best,

Tom Der
Doer of Things at Soundcraft USA

Well...
Vi1 was still on the last price sheet I got from Harman, so not sure why it wouldn't be supported. Besides, they did the Si updates what, two years ago? I was thinking they would update the Vi too. It put a bad taste in my mouth for sure (which is probably obvious). I told the client what SC told me, "the app will be updated soon with full functionality like the Si". Two years later I look like a yahoo because I sold them something SC apparently never intended on updating. 

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »

I rarely monitor the forum but while researching something else i can across this thread-There will be an update soon (60 days?) that brings similar functionality to older Vi consoles that the current Vi0000 and Vi000 range currently enjoys.

(moderators-remind me if i'm out of boundsi've forgotten all the response rules)

Best,

Tom Der
Doer of Things at Soundcraft USA

Tom,

I honestly doubt that buyers of Vi consoles care anymore about the remote capabilities. The consoles have gone so long without any remote support that those who are using these desks accept the limitation and use the Vi because it is simply an excellent desk.

Those that need remote capabilities tend to choose Yamaha in the upper end of the market. They choose Behringer in the lower end.

Soundcraft has a fervent group of followers (myself included for the tour products), but you are loosing market share to the competition over software items. The hardware is great. The software is almost non-existent.

I think you focus on what you do well, and you'll be rewarded. If you want to up your software game, do it on the next generation of console. Make sure it is dialed before it leaves the factory and people will forgive and forget. I would suggest you make an effort to support App based monitor mixing better than anybody else is doing it. There will be a huge market for HOW consoles that are networked and app-enabled. Avioms aren't cutting it anymore, and a few manufacturers have decent monitoring apps but it could be so much better. Right now Yamaha is doing it best, but there is mountains of room for improvement.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.