ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha R Remote on Mac OS not connecting to Rios  (Read 3054 times)

Kevin Windrem

• Sweet Spot Sound
Yamaha R Remote on Mac OS not connecting to Rios
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »

I'm stuck trying to update my CL5 system to 4.10. R Remote is now necessary to update the Rios and it's not showing devices. I'm running Mac Os 10.11 (El Capitan) with version 4.10 R Remote. Rios are at 3.11. R Remote has always been flakey but it's only showing one of my Ri8s. I have three Rio3224s and two Ri8s.

I've tried auto IP, static IP and DHCP IP setups, reset one of the RIOs to factory defaults (dip switches 5 and 6 down, unit ID 0 as instructed by Yamaha tech support), direct connection between the Mac and one Rio. Nothing seems to help.

I even tried the Windows version of R Remote on Win 10 under Parallels and got the same results (just one Ri8 showing up).

Yamaha tech support acknowledges the Mac version of R Remote is flakey/fragile but it's now a requirement for firmware update!

Anyone have any success with R Remote Mac?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber