ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement for PCs  (Read 1471 times)

John Rutirasiri

Re: Replacement for PCs
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 10:21:53 am »

So I am interested in non PC alternatives if they exist or better ways to set them up to avoid noise issues (inc fans) etc.

If you are looking for reliable hardware-based audio players, I recommend checking out the 360 System Instant Replay.  Pricey, but I trust it.

If budget does not allow or you just need simple instant start/stop, look at the Tascam SS-CDR200 with the RC-SS20 remote.  It pre-loads a few seconds of each track (up to 20) for random access and instant start.   I use a setup with two of the SS-CDR200 decks/remotes for many backing track-type shows and it has worked reliably. 

Again, these are audio-only and are somewhat limited in functionality compared to a computer-based playback like QLab, but may be easier for a single operator to run since they have real buttons.

John R.
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

Johannes Halvorsen

Re: Replacement for PCs
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 12:41:50 pm »

...Find the software that best supports your needs then get the hardware recommended by the software manufacturer. 

If you are playing slides and pre recorded music qlab and pro presenter are packages you should look at.

THIS.

You are SERIOUSLY over thinking this. Get a dedicated media laptop + the right type of software + a USB soundcard with balanced outs. Do NOT ignore the bit about the software.

There is a reason you don't find a lot of hardware media players floating around the market...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 17 queries.