ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus 24:4:2 Mixer High Pass Filter Not Showing on Screen  (Read 3299 times)

Lee Wright

• www.sydneypahire.com.au
Presonus 24:4:2 Mixer High Pass Filter Not Showing on Screen
« on: February 23, 2017, 01:17:28 AM »

Hi People,

I've recently moved to a new church that has a Presonus 24:4:2 mixer.

I do like it but there's one thing that's really annoying.   On every other digital mixer I use, when you engage the high pass filter it shows on your EQ display so you can easily see that's it on & what frequency it is.   On the Presonus however it doesn't show.  You have a separate hardware control on the mixer but it doesn't show on the EQ display on the computer.   It's the same with the SL Remote iPad app too.    Is there any way to get this to show?   I don't really care that it's a hardware control - that's fine but I'd like to be able to see what EQ I've got happening.

Appreciate your help.
PS I tried the Presonus forum but you need to have your product registered & I don't have the details.

Scott Slater

Re: Presonus 24:4:2 Mixer High Pass Filter Not Showing on Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »

I used to work on several SL mixers.  They were "okay" but you didn't get that display that you are referring to, and the console had a bit more of an analog desk feel in a way.  I never used it with the software, just the desk by itself.

On the SL gen 1 & 2 mixers you only have the LED indicator above the encoder to show the frequency.  On the SL 24.4.2 (gen 1) I believe it is a 12db slope, that was changed w/firmware on the gen 2 (AI) series to an 18db slope.

Lee Wright

• www.sydneypahire.com.au
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »

I used to work on several SL mixers.  They were "okay" but you didn't get that display that you are referring to, and the console had a bit more of an analog desk feel in a way.  I never used it with the software, just the desk by itself.

On the SL gen 1 & 2 mixers you only have the LED indicator above the encoder to show the frequency.  On the SL 24.4.2 (gen 1) I believe it is a 12db slope, that was changed w/firmware on the gen 2 (AI) series to an 18db slope.

Thanks Scott.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »

I think the 1st generation (and second) actually only had 6 dB per octave high pass filters.  IMHO I never thought that was adequate and just barely even usable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.