ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Turbosound ip2000?  (Read 6272 times)

Mike Santarelli

Anyone have experience with Turbosound ip2000?
« on: February 19, 2017, 05:35:19 PM »

I will doing some smaller events like acoustic duos and lower volume electric bands. I'd still plan on using floor wedges and these as foh. The price looks good but not sure how they would handle if I put drums mildly through them. I'm looking for something easy to grab and throw up and something that doesn't occupy much sight line.

Some of these events are smaller and intimate or educational settings. I really like the look of the evox 12 but is over double the price. Reviews are scarce but some claim they run one ip2000 per side and carry their entire band. I want to believe it but I'm skeptical.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Anyone have experience with Turbosound ip2000?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »

Mike...

Before you part with any "hard earned", look VERY closely at the mounting/connection of the column on/to the sub. 
IMO it is so under-engineered as to render them essentially useless in the real world of live sound where a certain robustness is not only desirable, but essential.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

Yeah I was surprised(not) how flimsy the mounting was for the stick on one of those Bose L1 compact systems, I had to move one out of the way at an event recently and though it was gonna snap off.

Reviews are scarce but some claim they run one ip2000 per side and carry their entire band. I want to believe it but I'm skeptical.
You should be, a quick look at the specs says these are roughly equivalent to a Mackie Thump 12p.. would a pair of those support your whole band with high quality sound?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 06:29:49 PM »

Yeah, Paul, I was so intent on exposing what is essentially a delicate balancing act instead of a workable connection that I forgot to comment on the sub-par sound quality.

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 07:35:20 PM »

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/road_test_turbosound_inspire_ip2000

That's counter to my experience, but my main objection is to the fragility of the setup.  I returned mine ASAP.  My long-time sales rep agreed with me about the under-engineering.  Mine was not the first  to be returned.  I could tell by the tone of his voice that he'd prefer to not to have it in their catalog, but the new owner of Turbosound is one of the 800 lb gorillas in the marketplace and this is just one of their offerings.

Edit:

Have you EVER read an industry review that actually panned a product?

Offal any way you spell it...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:43:54 PM by dick rees »

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:17 AM »

Having listened to all three sizes of RCF Evox, I prefer the Evox 8 over the 5 or 12. The RCF bags that go along with your Evox systems are nice to have, as well.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 12:49:04 AM »

Have you EVER read an industry review that actually panned a product?

Offal any way you spell it...

Bad reviews make it real tough to keep advertisers on board.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Jay Marr

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »

what is essentially a delicate balancing act.....

Agree 100%.
When I saw how fragile this was, I immediately dismissed it as a viable option.
I think they were going for quick set up wow factor and forgot that these would not be sitting in someones living room out of reach of a single person.
You bump the top and it falls off....not usable.

I'm not a Behringer hater.  At the same demo, I really liked the iQ12's (and bought the demo set from the rep).

Jeffhamula

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »

I have had a pair of IP2000s for about a year doing sound for my 5 piece band.  We originally set them up behind us without monitors which was so convenient with minimal feedback, however most configurations forced one or 2 of us to be standing right in front of a speaker which was way too loud.  The sound is best about 5+ feet away because the frequencies are different from top to bottom so you hear only specific frequencies your head is closest to until you stand away from speaker.  We moved these to be FOH and run small powered monitors now so the advantage is just how light, compact, and easy they are to deal with. I've had no issue with the pins or fragility, these are a size and compact play really...  eliminates  super heavy bulky powered mains and sub and stands..  I can fit 2 guitar rigs, 4 guitars, and full PA with mic stands mixer, and lights, in my kia sorrento. We play places that are 100-150 people and have no issues being loud enough.  Just did 300 person outdoor event next to pool with loud water feature and got shut down by police for being too loud.  I wouldn't say they are better sound than anything else, but definitely equivalent sound to about everything else I have used for the venues I play.  The frequency response curve is different than traditional woofer tweater so dialing in eq is a different curve than I'm used to.  Sold my powered Mackies and subs and paid for the set up with extra cash for other stuff.  No regrets.  I heard bose are easier to dial up perfect EQ, but I've figured these out fine.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.