ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any A/V Dealers Around?  (Read 7446 times)

Jeffry Garcia

Any A/V Dealers Around?
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »

Hello All,

I'm trying to find some dealers that work mainly with churches/houses of worship globally. Respond with:

1) City, State/Country
2) Some brands you deal
3) Size of churches you deal with

The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is finding trends in what churches/houses of worship find most important when deciding which equipment/company to use. Maybe different areas find certain things more important than others? What do you all think?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Any A/V Dealers Around?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:29:38 PM »

Hello All,

I'm trying to find some dealers that work mainly with churches/houses of worship globally. Respond with:

1) City, State/Country
2) Some brands you deal

The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is finding trends in what churches/houses of worship find most important when deciding which equipment/company to use. Maybe different areas find certain things more important than others? What do you all think?

I am curious as to why you want this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jeffry Garcia

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »

I am curious as to why you want this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Company I work for wants me to develop resources for churches to be able to reference for making good purchasing, training, & design decisions. I figured knowing what other dealers are running into and where may help me develop some of those resources. Would you happen to have any experience in this?

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

"Hi, I'd like our competitors to help us build value into our offerings, so that way we can try to poach their business."  That's what I read in to this request. :(  A/V dealers work long and hard to develop traits that help them to stand above the competition-- that's all part of being a sales person (and being in the sales industry). Some only handle their geographic area. Others have staff across the country, and travel. Some rely only on word of mouth- others do online sales, some rely on printed catalogs, and some do all. It just depends on the company and what they're comfortable with.

I don't think your employer expects you to ask other A/V companies to share their trade secrets... I can definitely assure you that these A/V sales companies are not going to want to spend time helping a competitor in this manner...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jeffry Garcia

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 09:42:13 PM »

"Hi, I'd like our competitors to help us build value into our offerings, so that way we can try to poach their business."  That's what I read in to this request. :(  A/V dealers work long and hard to develop traits that help them to stand above the competition-- that's all part of being a sales person (and being in the sales industry). Some only handle their geographic area. Others have staff across the country, and travel. Some rely only on word of mouth- others do online sales, some rely on printed catalogs, and some do all. It just depends on the company and what they're comfortable with.

I don't think your employer expects you to ask other A/V companies to share their trade secrets... I can definitely assure you that these A/V sales companies are not going to want to spend time helping a competitor in this manner...

-Ray

I'm not interested in finding/poaching business from any other A/V dealers. Actually if you had any experience in the industry yourself, you would know that most dealers actually work with each other. If one does not carry a certain brand that another does, they have a mutually beneficial relationship that does not require either one "poaching clients". If you yourself are a dealer, any info you have would be greatly appreciated, maybe you carry something I don't or vice versa. Maybe you find that most churches are buying X32's for some reason, maybe you know that most of your churches have a hard time convincing their elders of upgrading their equipment....whatever it is, maybe we can all help each other out to improve our respective companies. If not, I'd appreciate you not ruining the experience for any other people who would find this thread useful.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »

Hello All,

1) City, State/Country
2) Some brands you deal

I think we could better help if you let us know:

1. Your City, State/Country
2. Brands that you may have in mind or experience with
3. Size of your church (I'm assuming you are working for a church)

You may have some very good dealers/installers in your area.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:51:57 PM by Jamin Lynch »

Jeffry Garcia

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 09:53:54 PM »

I think we could better help if you let us know:

1. Your City, State/Country
2. Brands that you may have in mind or experience with
3. Size of your church

You may have some very good dealers/installers in your area.

1) Corona, CA USA!
2) Deal over 300 brands but churches seem to stray towards yamaha, behringer, midas, shure, qsc, bose
3) Most of our churches are anywhere from 500-1000 congregation but have dealth with much larger and much smaller.

(I don't work at a church, they are my companies client base)

Locally, I've seen most churches requesting training for their inexperienced audio techs, so I've been developing some very basic training videos and content for them. What about yourself?

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »

Let me google that for you...

But seriously - the help church members get here is pretty consistent and excellent.  Read a couple of the "what do you think of these shit-tastic no name speakers I bought from banjo hut" threads and you will learn the approach. 

Any dealer that works regularly in the cash for Jesus industry is going to tell you they have a range of clients from traditional to non traditional that have a range of needs.   The trend is the same as the rest of the industry, as technology makes certain effects, features, and items more affordable, smaller and less funded groups expect more and more to play with the big boys.   This should surprise no one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffry Garcia

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »

Let me google that for you...

But seriously - the help church members get here is pretty consistent and excellent.  Read a couple of the "what do you think of these shit-tastic no name speakers I bought from banjo hut" threads and you will learn the approach. 

Any dealer that works regularly in the cash for Jesus industry is going to tell you they have a range of clients from traditional to non traditional that have a range of needs.   The trend is the same as the rest of the industry, as technology makes certain effects, features, and items more affordable, smaller and less funded groups expect more and more to play with the big boys.   This should surprise no one.

Good suggestion to go back and look at the forum posts where extremely experienced engineers belittle the inexperienced ones for just not knowing what they don't  know... Great information for someone who already knows what they need to do, not so much for those who don't. I'm glad I got a few PM's from some people willing to offer some feedback.

It seems like there seems to be a lot of confusion about what I'm looking for.... Just A/V dealers willing to spread the knowledge. If you are not comfortable with it, no problem thanks for reading. If you're not an A/V dealer, your input is not necessary.  If you are an A/V, I would really appreciate you answers!

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »

Good suggestion to go back and look at the forum posts where extremely experienced engineers belittle the inexperienced ones for just not knowing what they don't  know... Great information for someone who already knows what they need to do, not so much for those who don't. I'm glad I got a few PM's from some people willing to offer some feedback.

It seems like there seems to be a lot of confusion about what I'm looking for.... Just A/V dealers willing to spread the knowledge. If you are not comfortable with it, no problem thanks for reading. If you're not an A/V dealer, your input is not necessary.  If you are an A/V, I would really appreciate you answers!

If you think experienced people here are belittling the inexperienced then you clearly don't understand the help being provided.  A refusal to reinforce or support poor choices and ask questions to get posters to see and consider their options is not belittling.  Some people aren't ready to admit they may of made a poor choice or need to go back to the drawing board.   That's fine, its up to them, but that doesn't lessen the value of advice here.  there is a method there to help users arrive at what they NEED.

As a dealer - you help clients get what they need.  It's that simple.  Don't over sell them shit they don't need, don't sell them crap even if they insist it's what they want.  Educate them along the way. If you can do that, you will build a loyal customer base and get referrals that will keep you busy.  It's about relationship building.

It's really that simple.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.