ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage Fire in India from electrical short  (Read 10137 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Stage Fire in India from electrical short
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 06:55:33 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/ndtv/videos/10153953174210798/

Wow... not sure if same stage. But that is crazy.

Yes, that's the same stage. That's some pretty serious pyro...

This was a big government sanctioned event with all sorts of politicians and Bollywood celebrities in attendance. Everyone had to be evacuated in a hurry. 

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »

So is everything in India corrupt, at least from a regulatory standpoint?

Yes - absolutely.  Everything is also negotiable and can be handled with a bribe.  Additionally time is a very loose concept. 

Of course I've never been to India but based on the 15 to 20 Indian groups we work with ina given year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian Kansichi

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 04:44:04 AM »

They were using a K1 system. I almost shed a tear for the owner.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Tom Burgess

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »

From good old Wikipedia...
Historically, flammable, inflammable and combustible meant capable of burning.[1] The word "inflammable" came through French from the Latin inflammāre = "to set fire to," where the Latin preposition "in-"[2] means "in" as in "indoctrinate", rather than "not" as in "invisible" and "ineligible".

The word "inflammable" may be erroneously thought to mean "non-flammable".[3] The erroneous usage of the word "inflammable" is a significant safety hazard. Therefore, since the 1950s, efforts to put forward the use of "flammable" in place of "inflammable" were accepted by linguists, and it is now the accepted standard in American English and British English.[4][5] Antonyms of "flammable/inflammable" include: non-flammable, non-inflammable, incombustible, non-combustible, ininflammable,[citation needed] not flammable, and fireproof.

-Ray

In the words of George Carlin, "Flammable, inflammable & nonflammable... Why are there three? Don't you think that two ought to serve the purpose? I mean either the thing flams or it doesn't!"
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

David Allred

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »

In the words of George Carlin, "Flammable, inflammable & nonflammable... Why are there three? Don't you think that two ought to serve the purpose? I mean either the thing flams or it doesn't!"

So using the same English rules, many of those that reply here are "inhospitable" to those that ask silly questions.  Did I use the word correctly? 

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »

So If I have this correct I should not use a 1/4 inch TS Instrument cable on an amp and speaker running 3000 watts

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »

So If I have this correct I should not use a 1/4 inch TS Instrument cable on an amp and speaker running 3000 watts

Duh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nikhil Mulay

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »

They were using a K1 system. I almost shed a tear for the owner.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
I did shed a tear for the owner. He's a good friend and one of the best rental companies around.
  I can assure you that that all safety codes were followed to the letter. They are my preferred vendor of choice for the bands  I mix for.
  This happened last year at a big government funded and organised initiative. The fore started when some government officials wanted to use fire crackers next to the stage and despite being refused permission by the vendors and fire brigade, they went ahead and did so. You can see what happened next.
  They lost a boatload of K1 cabinets, about 3 avid stage boxes, all of the trussing and a ton of cables.
  It led to a bunch of us engineers coming up with a safety pact which we try and follow as no one else does. We're fortunate enough to be touring with artists that support us!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.