So I'd like to take a step up from my Midas M32 to something a little more rider friendly. But I don't want to lose some of the things that I really like. For instance the EQ overlapping RTA (I feel like that's a must have when mixing monitors). Sometimes I can't hear the feedback but I can see it. Also I really like the rack effects. The emulated compressors like the Fair Compressor. I don't really want to have to run a laptop with Waves. I'd like to just have some extras built into the mixer.I've been doing all the research I can but details and youtube videos are pretty scarce on some of these new mixers that have come out. Most of them I can't even find a manual on. The Allen & Heath C series Dlive has caught my eye as well as the soundcraft vi2000. Would those be more rider friendly or equally as rider friendly as an M32?
Brian, we are a Midas/Yamaha shop and we rent an SC48 4 or 5 times a year. We have the Midas Pro 2 along with the Yamaha QL5 as our primary mixers. We also have the M32 and the X32 rack for conferences. Most of the time it is Pro 2 at FoH and QL5 as a monitor desk, although we do interchange them from time to time. We see the SC48 on almost all of the riders that we get. However, we can usually talk with A1 for the act and they are happy with what we have. If not I rent an SC48 for a couple of hundred a night.If you are talking about renting an SC48 5 or 6 times a year, then I wouldn't purchase one and I would get something in the Yamaha line (everyone will take Yamaha as a second choice) to compliment what you have.Bill
The SC48 is probably what I see on most riders that cross my desk. But I really don't want to buy one.The Dlive series is what I want the most but I almost never see Allen & Heath on riders. So I'm a little iffy on dropping lots of cash on one but I'm sure I'd be happy mixing on it. Can anyone tell me if the RTA will overlap the EQ? I have a Qu-16 and you have to go to a separate screen to see an RTA.The Yamaha QL5 was my planned upgrade path until I bought a TF5 to test out. The TF5 makes me feel like I have training wheels on while mixing. But obviously that board seems like it's designed for ease of use for a novice. I would imagine the QL5 wouldn't be the same way at all.A pro series board seems like the logical upgrade path for me but being as it's absolutely nothing like the M32 I don't think I'd like it. Where the heck is that heritage d I saw photo shopped images of....The soundcraft vi2000 looks pretty cool but no one ever talks about it. So probably not a good choice.I think the tough thing for me is I'm looking to get a board we will be mixing on 90% of the time and the other 10% I would like it to be somewhat rider friendly because there is almost no where to rent boards around Fargo, ND. Would everyone agree that Yamaha would be the most universally accepted?
You're making a grave mistake if you think the CL5/Rio desks are anything at all like the TF series. While you can make the TF work like a more traditional console the market it is targeted to does, in fact need training wheels. You looked at exactly the wrong mixer for your skill set and uses. Get a demo of the CL/QL series and you will have a very different opinion afterwards.
The Yamaha QL5 was my planned upgrade path until I bought a TF5 to test out. The TF5 makes me feel like I have training wheels on while mixing. But obviously that board seems like it's designed for ease of use for a novice. I would imagine the QL5 wouldn't be the same way at all.
Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.