ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low Cost Processor Suggestions  (Read 10122 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Low Cost Processor Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »

I didn't know the Bi-amp gear was still current as I mostly see units that apper to be quite old.  I sort of lump Bi-amp in with Dukane gear as being somewhat  obscure and with questionable audio quality.  I will admit this is an unfounded preconception with no basis in actual experience.  Both those brands might be very solid.  In an event, I am a little leery of  gear with "modules" for portable use.

Our new arena downtown uses Bi-Amp Audia/Nexia for system processing and control.

I used to own a Bi-Amp 16:4:2 mixer.  Discreet component preamps, good choice of input EQ freqs.  Was fun to mix on.  Bi-Amp wised up and found there was real money in the install world when compared to the pittance in the music/pro-sumer market.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:59 PM »

Our new arena downtown uses Bi-Amp Audia/Nexia for system processing and control.

I used to own a Bi-Amp 16:4:2 mixer.  Discreet component preamps, good choice of input EQ freqs.  Was fun to mix on.  Bi-Amp wised up and found there was real money in the install world when compared to the pittance in the music/pro-sumer market.

I have a Nexia CS and SP in my office. They work well.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

We have 2 theaters whose whole front, back of house, speaker processing, etc are biamp.  We also have multiple classrooms using biamp products... 

If only they had something better than the red1 for control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

If only BSS had something better then the EC-8BV.... well hello Qsys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mike Karseboom

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »

Thanks for the Bi-amp "quality" correction.  It looks like they have several models that are both affordable on the used market and fit the bill.  And they are made up my neck of the woods!

I can't believe how many good choices there seem to be from the install market.  In the mobile or "concert sound" market there seem to be a lot fewer and they often have more limited features.
--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »

They do, it's called "Crestron"
 :)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »

I can't believe how many good choices there seem to be from the install market.  In the mobile or "concert sound" market there seem to be a lot fewer and they often have more limited features.

That's because the live market, from your neighborhood bar band to huge touring concerts, represents a fraction of the installation market.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »

They do, it's called "Crestron"
 :)

Nope - I refuse to install closed systems in our venues where I need a factory technician to make updates.   If I can't download the software, so we can re-label a button, or change our something else on our own, we will not install it.  Example, we changed our a DVD player to a newer model when the old one broke.  New one does rs232 control but differently than the old (not surprising) but the cost of having the programming in the crestron updated exceeds the cost of the DVD player. 

I made the mistake once and We have one crestron system in use and I can't wait to take it out back and go office space on it. 

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »

Nope - I refuse to install closed systems in our venues where I need a factory technician to make updates.   If I can't download the software, so we can re-label a button, or change our something else on our own, we will not install it.  Example, we changed our a DVD player to a newer model when the old one broke.  New one does rs232 control but differently than the old (not surprising) but the cost of having the programming in the crestron updated exceeds the cost of the DVD player. 

I made the mistake once and We have one crestron system in use and I can't wait to take it out back and go office space on it. 

If you have multiple theaters and classrooms setup I would assuming you are dealing in the education area for this stuff.

Crestron has means of end users going through some of their programming classes to learn how to program these systems in house. There are also a lot of product that are "Crestron Connected" so you don't need to call your programmer in every time you change a device. If a projector, display, etc is "Crestron Connected" you just set the IPID of the device and it will work doesn't matter if it is a different manufacturer, they are big enough the have their own standards.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.