ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR connector to terminal block?  (Read 4216 times)

Jordan Wolf

XLR connector to terminal block?
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

Hey All,

I was going through some notes of mine and re-found the link that had the Rolls XLR-phoenix block type adapter for testing, emergency fixes, etc.

I didn't want to dredge up a zombie thread from *gasp* 8-ish years ago, so I figured I would ask here:

How are the Rolls holding up and how frequently do you use them?

Also, Markertek has these available which look really nice - just pricey! Does anyone have a set, and how have they performed?

I really like being able to just make something work if needed, and these seem nifty to do just that.

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Rick Earl

Re: XLR connector to terminal block?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »

Hey All,

I was going through some notes of mine and re-found the link that had the Rolls XLR-phoenix block type adapter for testing, emergency fixes, etc.

I didn't want to dredge up a zombie thread from *gasp* 8-ish years ago, so I figured I would ask here:

Also, Markertek has these available which look really nice - just pricey! Does anyone have a set, and how have they performed?

I really like being able to just make something work if needed, and these seem nifty to do just that.

I have both and they both seem to hold up well.  I did have a ROLLS mess up as someone over torqued a set-screw, but I had another end that I re-soldered on.   I mainly use these for test set-ups or teaching aids when I need a measurement point, but they've come in handy for an emergency com line over twisted pair, and making a temporary repair when a line got cut in a truss.  I sent a pair up and was able to make a splice without trying to bring the whole rig back in.  no having to have the extra small screwdriver in the truss made the Markertek ones worth the cost.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »

Hey All,

I have 16 of the Rolls installed on very remote I/O XLR ouputs that were a drop in replacement in a hurry for some dead BoBs which had phoenix I/O. The've held up great, and I have no plans for aerial soldering to replace them. The PCB has a hole to allow zip tie strain relief, and with some shrink you can make it look tidy.

Obviously at 10 bucks a pop, you'd rather solder up a $2 XLR if at all possible, but I think for retrofits it works well and saves a lot of time, and it sure makes sense to keep a couple in the bag of tricks.     

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.