ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker installation recommendation for a small church.  (Read 2818 times)

Christopher Maughan

Speaker installation recommendation for a small church.
« on: January 25, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »

Hi Good Day,

I am new to the forum and I have a question about a speaker installation using ceiling brakcets. There is a local church that is looking to upgrade their FOH speakers and want to mount them. The dimensions of the church are 43.75' long x 22' wide x 9.3' high. The stage is 7.8' long which leaves the FOH space at about 36' long. The front row is about 4 to 5 feet from the stage and the last row is right at the back of the church. As you may think, the issue is front row too loud or back row too soft.

How should I tackle this?

1. should I install the first set of speakers just where the stage ends and point it down to the back and let the first 3 rows use a mixture of stage mix and FOH to hear?

2. Do I cater to the first half of the church and get a small delay pair halfway down the church?

3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Speaker installation recommendation for a small church.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »

You MUST use your full real name on these forums before anybody will respond to your post
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting rules
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »

How should I tackle this?

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

scottstephens

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:41:04 AM »

Chris,

You haven't really given us enough info to properly answer your question. What kind of service do they have? What do they require? 2 small speakers such as the EV Evid 6.2's just for reinforcing the pastor's voice? or do they want to "feel" the system and the spirit? Do you or they want powered speakers or just a small powered mixer?
   A generic answer is to get the speakers up as high as you can and aim them toward the middle of the room to "spread out" the sound evenly.

We need more info; even for such a small area and seemingly simple question.
scott

Christopher Maughan

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »

Chris,

You haven't really given us enough info to properly answer your question. What kind of service do they have? What do they require? 2 small speakers such as the EV Evid 6.2's just for reinforcing the pastor's voice? or do they want to "feel" the system and the spirit? Do you or they want powered speakers or just a small powered mixer?
   A generic answer is to get the speakers up as high as you can and aim them toward the middle of the room to "spread out" the sound evenly.

We need more info; even for such a small area and seemingly simple question.
scott

Thanks for the reply, so it is a pentecostal church. very small. They want to play the band (kick drum mic, bass, 2 keyboards and 5 singers) through the main PA. there will be monitoring on the stage. I am concerned that because of the length of the church and where the front row lies, I may get a situation where the front is really loud and the back is soft. I am not convinced the Evids can work for the FOH. Maybe delays if necessary. There are no subs in the church either so it needs to be as full range as possible. definitely passive speakers with an amp because I really am not a fan of powered installed speakers, but I guess you guys can guide me.

Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.