ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Chronology of JBL PRX powered speaker series  (Read 15510 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Chronology of JBL PRX powered speaker series
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

I believe the 600 series went away for the same reason SRX 700 series died.  Unstable supply of neo material.

The PRX700 series came out slightly heavier as a result.

They also added the fan as some have complained about thermaling in the 600 series.  I have 8 (PRX612m) yet to experience that issue.

I think the thermal problem was mainly related to the PRX625 from what I remember. The rest of the series seems to have mainly been OK in that regard. I too never had any overheating issues with my PRX612's either Franklin.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 11:48:33 AM »

We have run the PRX615 and the 612's as our main speaker on sticks for over 4 years now. They have been abused. Everything from heavy metal to Bollywood. It surprises me everyday how they have never ever failed.

However, my first priority on purchase is considering support I get in case they fail.
My RTA is always flat.

Steve Garris

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »

Hi Tim thank you for your help and advice
Where would I find this Evaluation of Debbie's comparisons please ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of posts in this forum on the DSR. It is possibly the most liked single combo box in this group. Excellent output, great sound, nice durable box with simple yet effective controls. They can be purchased from Mike Pyle on these forums for much less than retail.

Having said that, remember that good sound is a subjective matter. I have PRX, SRX and DSR boxes in my inventory, and I prefer the sound that comes out of the JBL boxes over the Yamaha. I use the DSR's as floor monitors, where they really excel. YMMV

Neil Cox

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:44 PM »

There are lots of posts in this forum on the DSR. It is possibly the most liked single combo box in this group. Excellent output, great sound, nice durable box with simple yet effective controls. They can be purchased from Mike Pyle on these forums for much less than retail.

Having said that, remember that good sound is a subjective matter. I have PRX, SRX and DSR boxes in my inventory, and I prefer the sound that comes out of the JBL boxes over the Yamaha. I use the DSR's as floor monitors, where they really excel. YMMV
Hi Steve thanks for your feedback on the JBLs I'm looking to get the PRX 12"W I did want the SRX but out of my budget at moment.

I tried the Yamaha DSR 12s but they just didn't suit my voice.

My EV ETX are going back so I be hopefully happy with the JBL PRX 812"W
Then daisy chain them with 10" 610 Eons

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

Hi Steve thanks for your feedback on the JBLs I'm looking to get the PRX 12"W I did want the SRX but out of my budget at moment.

I tried the Yamaha DSR 12s but they just didn't suit my voice.

My EV ETX are going back so I be hopefully happy with the JBL PRX 812"W
Then daisy chain them with 10" 610 Eons

That surprises me.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Neil Cox

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »

That surprises me.
Hi Debbie, yeah I know I tried them as I'm s Tenor they just didn't suit me ? I full up with horrible cold and can't seem to shift it all in my throat, so that's not helped matters.
It was the weight factor in the Yamaha to Debbie, very heavy I just want to make my job a lot easier, I'm not getting any younger and I've carried far to much weight in the past 12 years.

Sorry if I have upset you Hun but thank you so much for all your help and advice x

Steve Garris

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »

Hi Debbie, yeah I know I tried them as I'm s Tenor they just didn't suit me ? I full up with horrible cold and can't seem to shift it all in my throat, so that's not helped matters.
It was the weight factor in the Yamaha to Debbie, very heavy I just want to make my job a lot easier, I'm not getting any younger and I've carried far to much weight in the past 12 years.

Sorry if I have upset you Hun but thank you so much for all your help and advice x

I'm just very concerned that you are looking at comparitivly equal boxes, and might not hear much performance increase over the EV's you are returning.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »

Not at all upset Neil - to each, his own. It is important that you choose what you want to suit your needs - I was happy to try to help ( for everyone else's benefit, we did some PM's back and forth) ....I am just surprised that's all.

Neil Cox

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »

Not at all upset Neil - to each, his own. It is important that you choose what you want to suit your needs - I was happy to try to help ( for everyone else's benefit, we did some PM's back and forth) ....I am just surprised that's all.

Hi Debbie Hun, I just have to go by my pocket love at moment. I just don't want a Heavy pa, just quick portable and easy set up now.

I really appreciate all your help though Hun. It's not gone to waste this as been a interesting topic. Let's hope it will help future musicians I'm still pondering on what to get it's hard to choose when I've had a brilliant pa for most of my singing career.
EV ZX5 Crown XTI 4000 amp and DYNACORD mixer, I shouldn't of got rid of it. It's way to costly now to get a system I want.

Was in Penlan tonight Swansea  Penlan social Club, massive club but hardly anyone in it, future of clubs in Wales is declining every year. There ain't much hope out there for this singing etc it will become a thing of the past.

Off to bed now thanks for our chats and PMs enjoyed chatting with you

Chat soon x

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »

Hi Debbie Hun, I just have to go by my pocket love at moment. I just don't want a Heavy pa, just quick portable and easy set up now.

I really appreciate all your help though Hun. It's not gone to waste this as been a interesting topic. Let's hope it will help future musicians I'm still pondering on what to get it's hard to choose when I've had a brilliant pa for most of my singing career.
EV ZX5 Crown XTI 4000 amp and DYNACORD mixer, I shouldn't of got rid of it. It's way to costly now to get a system I want.

Was in Penlan tonight Swansea  Penlan social Club, massive club but hardly anyone in it, future of clubs in Wales is declining every year. There ain't much hope out there for this singing etc it will become a thing of the past.

Off to bed now thanks for our chats and PMs enjoyed chatting with you

Chat soon x

When it comes down to weight/performance, probably the best all round speakers I owned were the PRX612's - even I could lift those onto stands by myself. They weren't as good as the Yamahas  sound wise but boy they were convenient. They were only 34lbs... I sold them because I can't keep them all - LOL.
You might want to consider the DXR series which are very nice too. There is a 10" option there. I own 2 of those and really like them. One gets used regularly as a monitor and has been very reliable with good clarity and surprisingly good low end too. I prefer them to the QSC K10

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.