ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft UI16 fault...any ideas?  (Read 8515 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Soundcraft UI16 fault...any ideas?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:59 pm »

The Ui24 has what looks like a cover over what maybe, could be, possibly some sort of card slot for a possible future expansion....or not.
I've put a couple Ui24's in installs and they work fine, maybe I should have taken that cover off to see what is inside.

I have a Ui16 that works perfect for it's intended use, it more than earned it's keep this past Christmas tree lighting and choir concert season.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 08:19:46 pm »

Not really a matter of understanding the processor capabilities and design. It's more a matter of marketing.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Will Knight

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 07:13:18 am »

I agree with Mike & Bob who hit the nail on the head in terms of the Ui16's targeted purpose.  After my initial Wi-Fi issues (early model release) were resolved by the latest firmware, my Ui16 has been a solid performer, doing exactly what I need, no more, no less.  If more horsepower or capability is necessary, I'll use my SE1 (+MB32r) or my Impact. And after 5-7 yrs, none of my gear has had to go back to the SC shop for repairs. 

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 11:35:14 am »

Not really a matter of understanding the processor capabilities and design. It's more a matter of marketing.
And cost.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.
Inventor.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:00 pm »

I agree with Mike & Bob who hit the nail on the head in terms of the Ui16's targeted purpose.  After my initial Wi-Fi issues (early model release) were resolved by the latest firmware, my Ui16 has been a solid performer, doing exactly what I need, no more, no less.  If more horsepower or capability is necessary, I'll use my SE1 (+MB32r) or my Impact. And after 5-7 yrs, none of my gear has had to go back to the SC shop for repairs.

I will say that I do not use the internal WIFI on my UI16 or the one I put into an install. There set with a static IP connected to an external router.

The built in WIFI on the UI24 is much better.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.