ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helping someone get into SR  (Read 15074 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Helping someone get into SR
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 04:10:21 AM »

Hey, no religion!  ;)

A web/app developer friend of mine would say you should learn languages such as Ruby on Rails, React Native, Objective C, or Elixir... languages currently "hot" for developing mobile apps and websites.

Yes,  PHP still is the glue in all of this.  We use Code Igniter, Bootstrap, Restfull API's and RoR integrations so you can mix your religion.  Take a look at our work, especially a tour of our portal.  I think it's off the hook good  If you are into Jira check out the issue trackerr.  www.freepbx.org

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

Yes,  PHP still is the glue in all of this.  We use Code Igniter, Bootstrap, Restfull API's and RoR integrations so you can mix your religion.  Take a look at our work, especially a tour of our portal.  I think it's off the hook good  If you are into Jira check out the issue trackerr.  www.freepbx.org
I have been without internet for days. I get back and the it thing became dominant! Most of these posts derail, that's what makes it so much fun to be here. I have seen the posts thus far and thank all for them. Most everything i own has wheels and yes Deb subs make good hand trucks. I will put a note on my ipad to get back to you after the show, April probably. And then i will be very happy winter is over, it was 9 last weekend, even had a pipe break. I may move farther south when we sell the farm. Good health to all and be safe in these cold months.     Kevin.

Sean McDaniel

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »

I had a possible intern show up at a club gig. 4'9" tall 85 lbs. I spent half the time bending down to be able to hear her talk. She seemed sincere but I couldn't see her able to work any real show.
My fiancé is 5'2" and can load in, set up and strike a club size stage with the best of them. She needs help with the mains but so do I :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Chiara

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »

My fiancé is 5'2" and can load in, set up and strike a club size stage with the best of them. She needs help with the mains but so do I :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can she drive a 24' truck? That was my first concern.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 05:22:32 PM »

Can she drive a 24' truck? That was my first concern.

I can - and I can back up any size trailer too!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2017, 07:10:52 PM »

I can - and I can back up any size trailer too!!
It's the short trailers that are the most trouble.  Once had to back my 5x8 up a 1/4 mile long driveway in the hills for an estate gig.  Each side of it was lined with Jags and Bimmers.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2017, 07:23:04 PM »

It's the short trailers that are the most trouble.  Once had to back my 5x8 up a 1/4 mile long driveway in the hills for an estate gig.  Each side of it was lined with Jags and Bimmers.

I agree - our 5x8 is fun too!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
Re: Helping someone get into SR / Maybe Debbie will remember . . .
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »

Are you thinking of Teri Leach Hogan? She's still around on Facebook. There are a lot of former forum users who have migrated to Facebook rather than following forums. The ones I see the most are Charlie Zureki, Andy Peters, Bink Knowles, and Triple J.

Mac

Yep, John and Teri Hogan in San Antonio... I had the pleasure of going to their place for that BBQ with several other LAB types. The sub shootout was a lot of fun! John Lee from BassBoss (formerly BassMaxx) brought those really nice B-One's, two with the Aura 1801 drivers and two with the McCauley 18's.

In Florida you are thinking of Pea Trombley, bass player and sound chicka from St. Petersburg, FL. Her husband Dan typically helped her with her sound gigs. She was a good friend to me when I moved to the Tampa Bay area. I think it was Triple J (Jon Martin) who told me to do whatever I needed to do, just get down to Tampa... to be fair, he was right.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:03:24 AM by Josh Millward »
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Ron Hebbard

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

Yep, John and Teri Hogan in San Antonio... I had the pleasure of going to their place for that BBQ with several other LAB types. The sub shootout was a lot of fun! John Lee from BassBoss (formerly BassMaxx) brought those really nice B-One's, two with the Aura 1801 drivers and two with the McCauley 18's.

In Florida you are thinking of Pea Trombley, bass player and sound chicka from St. Petersburg, FL. Her husband Dan typically helped her with her sound gigs. She was a good friend to me when I moved to the Tampa Bay area. I think it was Triple J (Jon Martin) who told me to do whatever I needed to do, just get down to Tampa... to be fair, he was right.
Right on!  Thank you for the memories.  And then we had Gene Pink.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.