ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foam inserts  (Read 2552 times)

John Roll

Foam inserts
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »

I want to replace the foam inserts in the windscreens of my Audix OM2s. I haven't heard back from them about getting replacements, so I'm thinking that maybe I can make them. But I'm not sure where to start looking for this material. I was hoping that I could go to Home Depot or such to get it. I don't want to have to buy the whole windscreen just for the foam as they are in good condition. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Foam inserts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:38:05 AM »

I would get them from Audix. I really doubt you could find an identical material locally, and it would take some skill to assemble it to match.

You say they've been unresponsive. Have you tried calling them? I've always had a good experience with Audix, but that's been over the phone and not through email. I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »

I want to replace the foam inserts in the windscreens of my Audix OM2s. I haven't heard back from them about getting replacements, so I'm thinking that maybe I can make them. But I'm not sure where to start looking for this material. I was hoping that I could go to Home Depot or such to get it. I don't want to have to buy the whole windscreen just for the foam as they are in good condition. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Rat Sound will sell the foam inserts but I didn't see them listed in the online store. Get in touch with Rat Sound.

John Roll

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »

I'll try calling them when they open. I did email them. Thanks for the heads up....

I would get them from Audix. I really doubt you could find an identical material locally, and it would take some skill to assemble it to match.

You say they've been unresponsive. Have you tried calling them? I've always had a good experience with Audix, but that's been over the phone and not through email. I'm sure they'll take care of you.
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.