ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: troffer LED retrofit  (Read 2911 times)

Jon Roelfs

troffer LED retrofit
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »

Hello,
First time posting in the lighting section. Our church has an addition with around 50-55 4'x2' troffer lights with dimpled diffuseness. These are all T12 with four 40w fluorescent tubes each. Ceiling heights are 8' and 9'. The addition is around 27 years old and we are starting to experience ballasts failures. I have been told for a few years now the T12's will be banned/discontinued. This got me thinking about LED tube retrofits. The kind that are direct wired using the existing tombstones but bypass the ballasts. A google search lead me to these. Good reviews, used in the same application but I've never heard of them. Our utility provider does offer a rebate for each "bulb" that is replaced. The lights are on about 7 hours a week and I think our power rate averages 11¢/kWh annually. What are your thoughts or suggestions on this.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: troffer LED retrofit
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:12:28 AM »

The Color Rendering Index is 80 which is pretty typical for standard LEDs. The new trend is to hit 90 or better but those tend to be more expensive and the selection is smaller. I think these are probably a good option.

What is the color temperature of your fluorescent lamps now?  What is the space used for?

Make sure you check that the tombstones in your fixtures are not shunted before installing these.

Jon Roelfs

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »

The Color Rendering Index is 80 which is pretty typical for standard LEDs. The new trend is to hit 90 or better but those tend to be more expensive and the selection is smaller. I think these are probably a good option.

What is the color temperature of your fluorescent lamps now?

What is the space used for?
The largest area is used as a fellowship hall. With the balance divided into kitchen, restrooms, storage and office spaces.

Make sure you check that the tombstones in your fixtures are not shunted before installing these.
These are T12 fixtures and should be non shunted.

rebate program details
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:52:41 AM by Jon Roelfs »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:38:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.