ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Work Gloves  (Read 3684 times)

John Roll

Work Gloves
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:04:54 PM »

Any suggestions for work gloves that provide protection, insulation and especially GRIP??? Everything I've tried so far has been good for protection, but not so much with insulation from the cold weather and gripping capacity..

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

Scott Helmke

Re: Work Gloves
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

I have a rotating selection of cheap work gloves, varying by task. Never did find one pair that could do everything.

Those dipped rubber "gummy gloves" at the hardware store are often available in a winter version.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1444719

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »

John,

I bought a pair of these for an outdoors NYE gig this past week.

http://ninjagloves.com/docs/ninja_icehtp.htm

I think they worked reasonably well.  I still had enough dexterity to plug and unplug XLRs, and I could tie trick line too.  It was only a few degrees below freezing here for NYE, but blowing a gale earlier in the day, and I had no trouble with cold fingers.  I already had a pair of their unlined work gloves, and surprisingly, I haven't lost them yet in two years, but they're still holding up.

And the best is (read the fine print down at the bottom of the page) they're designed by Midas, so they probably work even better when you push them a little bit! ;)

GTD

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:24:37 PM »

Any suggestions for work gloves that provide protection, insulation and especially GRIP??? Everything I've tried so far has been good for protection, but not so much with insulation from the cold weather and gripping capacity..

John
Take a look here...
https://www.uline.com/Cls_30/Gloves?keywords=glove

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »

Colorado Springs, CO

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

I prefer to use deerskin gloves.  When wet, it doesn't become slippery.  Stays supple and doesn't harden after drying out.
I first started to use deerskin when I raced motorcycles.  I have had the same pair of work gloves now for about 10 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael Thompson

• Factor Audio
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 02:48:23 AM »

John

I don't know about the cold weather part, but I like to use leather gloves (currently set wear pro leather) and then work some sno-seal into them.  It makes them pretty water resistant, increases grip, flexibility and they seem to last longer.  The first step to warm hands and feet are dry hands and feet :)

Terry Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »

Low buck Mechanix Wear gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »

+1!
I don't know about the cold weather part, but I like to use leather gloves (currently set wear pro leather) and then work some sno-seal into them.  It makes them pretty water resistant, increases grip, flexibility and they seem to last longer.  The first step to warm hands and feet are dry hands and feet :)
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Chris Jensen

• Los Angeles
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »

I bought some full finger Dirty Riggers a few months ago and they are pretty nice.  The index finger is a bit bulky for tying tie line due to the seam being parallel to your fingernail.  They do allow you to use touch screens while on which is nice if you are at a lighting console or trying to use your phone.

I had a pair of Ringer Split fit for years and loved them.  The way the index finger was sewn make it really nice to work with.  I don't think they call them that anymore though, looks like maybe the Turbo Series.  I used them to help my dad years ago load a bin with about 12' of demoed sidewalk on one of her jobs.  It was lightly raining and cold.  After I threw them in the washing machine and continued to use them for years.  I was surprised they held up to the sharp concrete without any of the seams showing wear after that. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.