ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow storm coming our way - corporate gig cancelled  (Read 9548 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Snow storm coming our way - corporate gig cancelled
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:36 PM »

Before I moved here to NC, I lived in southern CA for 14 years so no snow experience there other than the odd trip to the mountains.
But before that I was born and grew up in the UK.
However, I don't ever remember seeing vehicles in the ditch or folks going into total panic at the thought of impending snow or  clearing the stores of bread and bottled water ( what is it with that?) .. Anyway, life would just go on, albeit a little less quickly with a few inconveniences but no craziness.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »

When I was in high school my family moved from Michigan's UP to just north of St Louis-dad was a school adminstrator for a small private school. He was shocked to have people calling and asking if we were having school the first < than an inch snow fall we had.

Snow is livable. Sounds like we have a good chance for ice this weekend-that is inconvenient!

Hope you are out of the woods by Feb 3rd so you can get the gig in!
Steve Swaffer

Lyle Williams

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 12:52:27 AM »

38 deg here.  Will probably drop to 20 overnight.

... but I'm in the southern hemisphere and we use celsius.  100F dropping to about 70F overnight.  Cancellations here would be for heat not cold!  It was 115F yesterday about 300km from here.

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 07:47:01 AM »

... but I'm in the southern hemisphere and we use celsius.  100F dropping to about 70F overnight.  Cancellations here would be for heat not cold!  It was 115F yesterday about 300km from here.

I'm in the northern hemisphere and we also use celsius :P

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

When I was in high school my family moved from Michigan's UP to just north of St Louis-dad was a school adminstrator for a small private school. He was shocked to have people calling and asking if we were having school the first < than an inch snow fall we had.

Snow is livable. Sounds like we have a good chance for ice this weekend-that is inconvenient!

Hope you are out of the woods by Feb 3rd so you can get the gig in!

Yes Stephen ... that is the other thing - the schools closing all the time at the mere suggestion of snow. The kids in this area lose so much school time each year due to inclement weather....thank goodness it doesn't snow here a lot and some years we get none all.

No more snow forecast this season so hopefully nothing else will get in the way of the reschedule.

The school thing reminds me of when we first moved to CA........Not snow but smog.
1st place we lived was Rancho Cucamonga - 37 miles east of downtown LA. We could see Mount Baldy in all its glory from our living room.
We had moved into a little apartment which was situated right next to the elementary school where we had just registered my daughter. The first week went well but on the monday morning of the next, I looked out the window and Mt. Baldy had completely disappeared - never experienced anything like that.
Next thing I know, my neighbor is knocking on my door letting me know school is out because of the smog.  Outside I could hardly make out any of the apartment buildings let alone the mountains - crazy!!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.