ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Line 6 Stagemix for inexperienced users?  (Read 2690 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Line 6 Stagemix for inexperienced users?
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »

Hi all. In 2017 I will be installing PA systems in 2 Classroom environments. They are kind of multi use rooms where small kids go to Church services once a week and the rest of the week they will be used for maybe skits or movies or whatever. Needs are basic. A wireless mic or 2 and video/computer inputs.

I have some Mackie HD speakers already which will be flown and the input side of things is handled, but I need a mixer. For this situation I want something more than just a basic install mixer, but I also don't want it so technical that the untrained end user can't work it.

I have seen the Line 6 mixer in use before and I thought it was cool how the on screen UI would guide you through the process of getting plugged in and running.

Is anybody using these for classroom/meeting room situations? Is the UI helpful enough to guide a volunteer to get this thing up and running?

I see the need to be able to run a guitar/djembe/2-3 vocals kind of band through it, as well as basic video and announce mic type stuff. I want something flexible yet simple enough that I don't have to constantly be walking over there to twist knobs...

Also, is there a Dante input option for the Line 6? And can you remote control it over a large network and not just with a directly connected wifi?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
Re: Line 6 Stagemix for inexperienced users?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »

Remote control is only possible via wi-if and there is no Dante connection.

I was part of the design team for the mixer. It's basically a digital mixer with training wheels. It will manage gain structure and keeps you in that 80-95% sweet spot and maverick let you fall into that 40-50 % spot. For most novice users it will keep you getting a bunch of junk into your mix in the first place that you won't have to deal with later. Also it has much better A/D converters than anything else in this price range.
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Line 6 Stagemix for inexperienced users?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.