ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vocalive  (Read 2971 times)

Scott Levine

Vocalive
« on: December 09, 2016, 10:19:15 PM »

I am looking at using my iPad to set up a portable "rack" for vocal effects.  I was considering Vocalive. See it here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/vocaliveios/

I am trying to figure out how to make it so it is like an "Insert".  It seems easy to use an audio interface to get the signal from a Send on the board out to the iPad.  The question is how do I return?

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Many thanks!
Regards,

"Not so Mean" Scott Levine
Strike Sound & Lighting

"There is nothing that can't be repaired or improved through the judicious use of gaffe tape."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with this?  Many thanks!

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Scott Levine

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

I saw that before receiving the message and fixed it.  Thanks for the heads up sir!

Scott

Regards,

Strike Sound & Lighting

"There is nothing that can't be repaired or improved through the judicious use of gaffe tape."

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
Re: Vocalive
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:22:13 AM »

I am looking at using my iPad to set up a portable "rack" for vocal effects.  I was considering Vocalive. See it here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/vocaliveios/

I am trying to figure out how to make it so it is like an "Insert".  It seems easy to use an audio interface to get the signal from a Send on the board out to the iPad.  The question is how do I return?
Hi Scott. Your audio interface should have an input and an output. At the least, that may be an XLR input jack and an 1/8" headphone jack. If it has XLR or 1/4" line inputs and outputs, even better. You'll send a "direct out" or "insert send" from your console to the audio interface input, and then output from the audio interface to the "insert return" on the console.

If you provide some details on your audio interface and mixer, we can help in more detail if needed.

Scott Levine

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »

Hi Scott. Your audio interface should have an input and an output. At the least, that may be an XLR input jack and an 1/8" headphone jack. If it has XLR or 1/4" line inputs and outputs, even better. You'll send a "direct out" or "insert send" from your console to the audio interface input, and then output from the audio interface to the "insert return" on the console.

If you provide some details on your audio interface and mixer, we can help in more detail if needed.

Hello Andrew.  Thanks for the response.  I am using primarily M7CL and LS9 consoles by Yamaha.  I was going to patch to one of the Aux's to "Send" and return using one of the stereo inputs on the board.  I was hoping for an inexpensive recommendation for an audio interface people may have had iPad experience with.  If the interface only provides a 1/8 output/headphone jack, will I get a decent output through there for live work using THAT as the return?
Regards,

Strike Sound & Lighting

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »

How cheap are we talking? You can certainly use anything that has a line level input and output. I'd prefer something I could calibrate levels with. Presonus Audiobox iOne is simple and effective for $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

Watch out for too much latency.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 08:25:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.