ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst car in the world?  (Read 15135 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Worst car in the world?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 03:05:59 AM »

I believe the Reliant Robin also came with remoulded tyres from new.

Steve.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

A single front wheel does not corner well.  I figured that out on my tricycle at the age of three or four.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 05:12:35 PM »

Attached is a gratuitous image of my Sporty Red Car.
Beautiful car you have there Mike.
Here's my gratuitous pic of my '90 Miata that I transplanted a V8 into. Fun project.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 05:51:07 PM »

A single front wheel does not corner well.  I figured that out on my tricycle at the age of three or four.
That's called "roll center".  Something that was solved with those plastic Big Wheel trikes that kids would spin out on.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »

That's called "roll center".  Something that was solved with those plastic Big Wheel trikes that kids would spin out on.

Like this one? It's got a Volkswagen engine and transaxle. Built by long-time fabricator Bob Sokol (no relation to me)

Mike Smith

• Event Technical Systems
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 07:59:15 AM »

Beautiful car you have there Mike.
Here's my gratuitous pic of my '90 Miata that I transplanted a V8 into. Fun project.

Thanks, BJ, and yours as well. You have created a Japanese-based Sunbeam Tiger! What V8 do you have in there? If it's not one of the lightweight aluminum Buick/Rover engines discussed recently, I can imagine challenges with going around corners or even keeping the nose off the ground.

Mazda has their game figured out pretty well, so I'm sure your car is loads of fun -- especially when you pull up next to another Miata at a traffic light!
Mike Smith

Event Technical Systems

http://www.eventtechnicalsystems.com/

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »

Thanks, BJ, and yours as well. You have created a Japanese-based Sunbeam Tiger! What V8 do you have in there? If it's not one of the lightweight aluminum Buick/Rover engines discussed recently, I can imagine challenges with going around corners or even keeping the nose off the ground.

Mazda has their game figured out pretty well, so I'm sure your car is loads of fun -- especially when you pull up next to another Miata at a traffic light!
Thanks Mike.
It's a warmed up 5.0 from a foxbody Mustang GT. Total added weight of the swap is only about 150lbs and some of that is in the rear as it was replaced with a Ford 7.5 IRS.
Once I switch to aluminum heads, F/R balance should be the same as stock as I also have no a/c or p/s. It's a conversation starter for sure.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.