ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus,Peavey,Crown, Looking for advice  (Read 33682 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Presonus,Peavey,Crown, Looking for advice
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2016, 03:48:04 AM »

Claims to have 13 working speakers, 5 missing ribbons completely, and the rest have blown ribbons......

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

That's a far cry from 175k.  Heck of a good deal if you can put them to use.  Fix them and get acquire amplification and processing is going to run 30k (repairs, amps, lifts and hardware) 

If I were trying to run these I would look for amps like the QSC GX7 that are affordable and decent of sufficient quantity to have control over every box.   That would at least give you a chance of tuning/taming the system.

Purchase SMAART and SMAART school and then go to work in a warehouse.  That would be a great learning experience.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »

Don't foget he still needs subs. There's another 20-30k.

Then watch your bank account drain as you slowly realize that no touring band will accept this system. So you can't provide for county fairs or anything like that and forget doing any kind of real show in a real venue. What you have is a 60k bar rig that is a huuuuge pain in the ass to load in and load out every night to make 800 dollars.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2016, 03:04:46 PM »

Don't foget he still needs subs. There's another 20-30k.

Then watch your bank account drain as you slowly realize that no touring band will accept this system. So you can't provide for county fairs or anything like that and forget doing any kind of real show in a real venue. What you have is a 60k bar rig that is a huuuuge pain in the ass to load in and load out every night to make 800 dollars.

WOO HOO! And a kick-ass personal stereo! Haha.

Oh well. I do notice the OP hasn't been back for a few days, so I presume he either got discouraged about this whole project, or went off to find people who will tell him what a shrewd purchase he's making.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Oh well. I do notice the OP hasn't been back for a few days, so I presume he either got discouraged about this whole project, or went off to find people who will tell him what a shrewd purchase he's making.

Based on the way he talks, I'd presume the latter...

Jack Donald Wooten

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2016, 10:26:40 PM »

Not sure I believe all of this but whatever.  Who lists a bunch of acts they have run for?

Did you read Ray's post.  He wasn't trying to make fun of you, these are legitimate questions.  Power, transportation, rigging etc. 

So you are going to take a significant sum of money and turn it into a monument for your stupidity.  Have fun with that.

What exactly do you want from this group?  Emotional gratification? 

No one asked you to believe it.. but its gonna happen..
emotional gratification? NO But I can and will learn all i can with this craft..

You could purchase some nice point source speakers and actually improve your product while you acquire some operational skills.

Your response to Ray was completely disrespectful.

Jack Donald Wooten

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

Wow. Wildly uncalled for.  Jealous or something?  People list bands they've worked with all the time.  It's a resume for this type of work. 

To the OP - good for you.  You want to learn, you want to invest, there's no better way to do this.  Don't take crap from this jackass.

I say go for the RCF rig, a bunch of subs, a box truck, and a boatload of insurance.  Then you're good to go!   Wish I had that kind of money laying around; I'd do the same thing!

Thank you!   I do own A trucking company as well... So transportation is no problem!!   ;D

Jack Donald Wooten

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »

If he is trolling, he's doing it on facebook as well.

I'm a part of the everything stage, sound, and lighting for sale or swap facebook group and someone put up an assortment of 20 verrsarray 112 for $4k.

Jack was one of the first to comment on purchasing it. The seller now says that he is holding it for someone when someone inquires about availability.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes I am the one Thats gonna buy the 112 versarrays  Figure that a $4000 Gamble is worth it..
leaving Nc wed to Go get them.. I figure thats a Good starting point.. If all works that he says does i think i can get this system up for little $$

Jack Donald Wooten

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:55 PM »

Ok guys I did not mean to sound like a jerk.. Im not trolling or just trying to get a rise out of you guys..
BUT>>>>> a few of you take alot of stuff out of contex. Will i ever own a $175000 rig... Prob not.. But I could buy it If i wanted to.. Guess i was just flexing..

My bread and butter is a fleet of semi trucks and we haul oversize loads... Pays Dang good!!
I have been in music for 23 yrs.. Yes i do have a good ear for mixing.. Now i know that i could never design a system and put it into production and sell it at a pro level.. Well leave that to Clair,Jbl,SO on and so on...

I have worked with a few acts and loved it.. Been complemented a few times as well..

As i lear more about this craft i may just one day decide to throw the chips at it and get a REAL rig.. Not looking for it.. but maybe...

I have found some versarrays at a good deal i think.. Atleast it would be a good starting point since i Already have all the amps from my current rig.

Subs will have to be bought and with that set up Im thinking Maybe 10 should do just fine.. That would leave me enough to do some aux fed subs.. I Think Peavey has a 3-1 set up for the 112s... Ill have to research more..

Im sorry if i offended anyone.

My plan is simple.. I have transportation,Lighting(boy has that been a learning curve), And a few good guys to help me move some gear..

If i make a lil money great.. if not so be it.. Im 38 yrs old and Its just a passion!!
I do like some of the feedback i have seen and the ones i dont understand I am trying to research and learn more..
Some one told me about the online classes and i have looked into them and Im gonna take them..

From what i have seen...This is a costly buiss ,hobby, or what ever..

For all of the full timers and co owners i applaud you and wish you all well..

so now down to the real deal...

With a 8 Hang per side Versarray when i use this in a club and do A center cluster of subs couldnt i put the 2 remaining vrays, Could I set those atop the center cluster of subs to fill out the center of the room?  How would i have to set up Vsx26?  Im betting the subs will have to be delayed if they are infront of the 8 hang per side?

And should i delay the whole system to allow for stage noise from the loudest instrument on stage(drums) ?

Also.. Would you guys use the SMART Program that comes with presonus software or just run the pink noise from the vsx 26s?  And in using 2 vsx 26s do i run pink noise 2 times or just copy from one vsx to the other.. OR put a y cable on RTA and do the at same time?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:27:01 PM by Jack Donald Wooten »

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2016, 11:19:48 PM »

Jack, with all respect, are you reading any of this?  Most of us here are legitimately nice people and want to help you, but it's a real slap in the face when you refuse to even consider the advice we're trying to provide.  Take a look at what Scott H. and Tim W. posted further up on this page.  It's going to cost you a lot more than 4K to get this system running, let alone deployed.  Have you ever flown speakers before?  I strongly suggest reading the thread I started about a Genie Lift stage roof.  I semi-unknowingly took a huge risk playing that job (and thanks to the advice from here won't be foolish enough to do so again), and I had nothing to do with that situation short of just being there and involved with the event!  When you fly speakers, it's all you buddy.  You'd better know what you're doing when it comes to aerial rigging.  These situations get very real very fast and there's a tremendous amount of liability involved.  I really wish you well with your endeavor, but you're going to start realizing that we offer the advice we do for a reason. 

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2016, 12:14:20 AM »

Jack,

You really need some more experience before you go to "the next level."

Ok guys I did not mean to sound like a jerk.. Im not trolling or just trying to get a rise out of you guys..
BUT>>>>> a few of you take alot of stuff out of context.
Nope, I wouldn't say that. We've been answering you like you posted-- I would hesitate to say anything is out of context.

Will i ever own a $175000 rig... Prob not.. But I could buy it If i wanted to.. Guess i was just flexing.
.........but you said you were going to invest $175K in this........ so you're changing the story on us.

My bread and butter is a fleet of semi trucks and we haul oversize loads... Pays Dang good!!
I have been in music for 23 yrs.. Yes i do have a good ear for mixing.. Now i know that i could never design a system and put it into production and sell it at a pro level.. Well leave that to Clair,Jbl,SO on and so on...
It's good that you have a day job / regular income coming in to ensure your bills are paid.

I have worked with a few acts and loved it.. Been complemented a few times as well..

As i lear more about this craft i may just one day decide to throw the chips at it and get a REAL rig.. Not looking for it.. but maybe...
So do you have any interest in, you know, the business plan that's been mentioned a few times??

I have found some versarrays at a good deal i think.. Atleast it would be a good starting point since i Already have all the amps from my current rig.
So these fit into your business plan?

Subs will have to be bought and with that set up Im thinking Maybe 10 should do just fine.. That would leave me enough to do some aux fed subs.. I Think Peavey has a 3-1 set up for the 112s... Ill have to research more..
Have you used aux fed subs in the past? Why do you think you need to use them now?

My plan is simple.. I have transportation,Lighting(boy has that been a learning curve), And a few good guys to help me move some gear..

If i make a lil money great.. if not so be it.. Im 38 yrs old and Its just a passion!!
Sursly, your plan should not be this simple. Not calling you dumb, just that there needs to be a LOT more thought put into this...

From what i have seen...This is a costly buiss ,hobby, or what ever..
What is this for you? A business? Or a hobby?!?

With a 8 Hang per side Versarray when i use this in a club and do A center cluster of subs couldnt i put the 2 remaining vrays, Could I set those atop the center cluster of subs to fill out the center of the room?  How would i have to set up Vsx26?  Im betting the subs will have to be delayed if they are infront of the 8 hang per side?

And should i delay the whole system to allow for stage noise from the loudest instrument on stage(drums) ?

Also.. Would you guys use the SMART Program that comes with presonus software or just run the pink noise from the vsx 26s?  And in using 2 vsx 26s do i run pink noise 2 times or just copy from one vsx to the other.. OR put a y cable on RTA and do the at same time?
If you're asking these kinds of questions, time to hit the books again before rolling out with a big rig.

Just saying.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2016, 12:14:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.