ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL subwoffer pole  (Read 2152 times)

Jeffrey l jones

JBL subwoffer pole
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:06:16 PM »

I just got PRX718 on stupid deal of the day for 799. Added $100 2yr extended warranty.
Now I need at least (1) pole. Noticed the JBL brand pole is about $30 more bucks than onstage.
Is there a BIG difference between the two?

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: JBL subwoffer pole
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 12:27:28 PM »

I just got PRX718 on stupid deal of the day for 799. Added $100 2yr extended warranty.
Now I need at least (1) pole. Noticed the JBL brand pole is about $30 more bucks than onstage.

$9 each, on sale.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-555-11665-/555-11665

Steve Garris

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 03:22:25 PM »

The really cheap ones worked fine for my PRX cab's. I prefer the shortest ones so that it's much easier to get the speaker on the pole.

Since I acquired an SRX system with much heavier tops, I had to move to the K&M poles with the expanding mandrels. I use the assemble on the floor and tilt in place method to get them up.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »

I have JBL gas assist, JBL adjustable, Gator gas assist, On Stage Stands adjustable and OSS wind ups. I used to own Adam Hall adjustables ( which I wish I still did sometimes - quite short to transport) .

I find with the PRX718 that because it is a little taller than some others, it does help to start with a shorter pole to aid in getting the speaker on top.
The JBL poles are quite tall,  The Gator gas assist are tall also,  The OSS are a few inches  shorter, and the Adam Halls are the shortest.  However, my favorites for the PRX718's are the OSS wind ups. They are quite short to start - so easy to lift the tops onto yet they and wind up very easiily to a good height. They are also well priced.
When using the SRX818sp, I can use the JBL or Gator gas assist also.

Is it worth the money to buy the JBL?... I don't think so necessarily (I got mine used) although it is nice to see the logo on the pole ... ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:40:42 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:38:17 PM »

I have JBL gas assist, JBL adjustable, Gator gas assist, On Stage Stands adjustable and OSS wind ups. I used to own Adam Hall adjustables ( which I wish I still did sometimes - quite short to transport) .

I might have to give these a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Stage-SS7747-Crank-Subwoofer-Pole/dp/B0075DNT0S

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »

I might have to give these a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Stage-SS7747-Crank-Subwoofer-Pole/dp/B0075DNT0S

Yes - those are the ones Steve. I like them - they are solid and the wind up mechanism seems very reliable. I use them more than any of the others these days for the PRX718's.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »

I find with the PRX718 that because it is a little taller than some others, it does help to start with a shorter pole to aid in getting the speaker on top.
The JBL poles are quite tall,  The Gator gas assist are tall also,  The OSS are a few inches  shorter, and the Adam Halls are the shortest.  However, my favorites for the PRX718's are the OSS wind ups. They are quite short to start - so easy to lift the tops onto yet they and wind up very easiily to a good height. They are also well priced.
When using the SRX818sp, I can use the JBL or Gator gas assist also.

Is it worth the money to buy the JBL?... I don't think so necessarily (I got mine used) although it is nice to see the logo on the pole ... ;)

I too have the JBL adjustables (manual that is), a pari of OSS Windups and a cheap set of Chinese knockoffs (from way back when I didn't know better).  Use the OSS Windups almost exclusively when not using my Ultimate TS stands.  Their solid, good and heavy and don't have that "speaker wobble" syndrome many others have and work well with my PRX715 tops.  The JBL's get rarely used but I bring them JIC; the Chinese simply collect dust; couldn't give 'em away...They were cheap....and I obviously did not follow the "BOCO" rule.. 

Bill
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 26 queries.