ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: E609 oops  (Read 10143 times)

Robert Patch

Re: E609 oops
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »

Such a great feeling when you find the problem and everything falls into place.

David Buckley

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 11:51:19 PM »

I've done the same thing with an AKG 414.

Yeah, me too.  The overheads were not good that night...

There's a story - and a lesson - here: This was a briefcase gig at a moderate spec club with a less-than-moderate spec PA, and I didn't think there was a hope in hell I'd get 414s, I had more reasonable choices, kit I was entirely familiar with,  on the list, in the probable case the 414s were not in the inventory.  And, to my complete surprise,  the 414s turned up.  And I screwed up, as it was literally twenty years since I'd last used them.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:33 AM »

Not really that helpful - who's the enemy in our case?  Punters or the too-loud guitarist?

Yes.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »

Ya, about that....
i found it within 1 song. He was impressed, and told me so. paid for my drinks (soda / water) that night. I knew we'd never be back, so fuck it. Not worth going to jail for.

Chris.
You're a better man than I, Charlie Brown.   I would have been fuming (me in orbit),  and doubt I would have had a drink with him... Turn my back, walk away, and just bury myself in my work.  Putting him in orbit would be wistful thinking. 

And you're absolutely right, NEVER worth going to jail over.  If there were ever any thought along those lines, my friend's recent year-long battle-from-hell with the legal system for what ended up being a case of self defense, forever removed that option from any dark corner of my mind.  Even though exonerated from the misdemeanor assault, his life and mind are forever changed.  A real horror show, and a constant reminder.

Smart man, Chris.  Many times, "fuck it" is the right answer.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »

You're a better man than I, Charlie Brown.   I would have been fuming (me in orbit),  and doubt I would have had a drink with him... Turn my back, walk away, and just bury myself in my work.  Putting him in orbit would be wistful thinking. 

And you're absolutely right, NEVER worth going to jail over.  If there were ever any thought along those lines, my friend's recent year-long battle-from-hell with the legal system for what ended up being a case of self defense, forever removed that option from any dark corner of my mind.  Even though exonerated from the misdemeanor assault, his life and mind are forever changed.  A real horror show, and a constant reminder.

Smart man, Chris.  Many times, "fuck it" is the right answer.

Thanks for the compliment Frank.
No, I certainly didn't drink with him. My shit was put on his tab.
Since i don't do alcohol while working, it's not like I broke the bank or anything.
I learnt a long time ago. If something is unwinnable, or will will stop you from getting back home, just WALK AWAY. Take names, and walk.
Don't hurt the reputation of your company, the event, or above all, yourself.
There are a few bands, artists, companies and venues on my "Sorry, you can't afford me" list
Chris
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 01:29:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.