ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clunky registration  (Read 1940 times)

mike bixby

clunky registration
« on: October 12, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »

Mack Kerr - gatekeeper. Thanks for the welcome WARNING to change my user name and such. Never before been mistreated by the many forums i've been on.

Well after being locked out then resetting password and right off the bat getting your "friendly" welcome wagon warning, i fiddled around and changed my USER NAME as instructed to my name. only to go to look at members and see I'm one of the few that has to use my full name  while others on here don't... I bet when I log off the next time I try to log on I'll be locked out as my user name won't be recognized.... Life's too short and there's plenty of other pro audio forums from which to learn... after this message i will log off and if I have any trouble logging back on to join your club. than back to gearslutz.. I am here to learn and share not undergo some initiation..

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: clunky registration
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 03:16:59 am »

Mack Kerr - gatekeeper. Thanks for the welcome WARNING to change my user name and such. Never before been mistreated by the many forums i've been on.

Well after being locked out then resetting password and right off the bat getting your "friendly" welcome wagon warning, i fiddled around and changed my USER NAME as instructed to my name. only to go to look at members and see I'm one of the few that has to use my full name  while others on here don't... I bet when I log off the next time I try to log on I'll be locked out as my user name won't be recognized.... Life's too short and there's plenty of other pro audio forums from which to learn... after this message i will log off and if I have any trouble logging back on to join your club. than back to gearslutz.. I am here to learn and share not undergo some initiation..

Anyone actively posting here is certainly using their real name.

You get what you pay for and I am sure the gearslutz community will be enriched by your presence. 

However, if you want to take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth, check your preconceived notions at the door.

There is no other community with the depth and experience that you will find here.  Everything that happens here, be it regulatory, sarcastic or content is designed to help you up your game.

You will be challenged, humbled, possibly even humiliated but you will be a better engineer if you utilize the resources available to you here.

Thanks to the wonderful people in this forum I have grown as an engineer, been exposed to levels of production I never would have had access to, established vendor relationships and even picked up some gigs.  Oh - and made some great friends.

Your choice.....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:20:03 am by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:30:45 am »

Preach it Brother!
If you want to feel more Kick drum turn up the kick drum fader, not the damn subs.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »

I am here to learn and share not undergo some initiation..
Maybe you should "learn" to read the site rules before you sign up and avoid this catastrophic issue you seem to be having.
Most of the members here have undergone unspeakable rituals before being granted access to the site. ::)

Guess we will have to do without your valuable input.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Failure to read rules before jumping in water
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 03:23:01 pm »

Feel free to use whatever online resources work for you. There is no prohibition from using an alias to be a member here, only a prohibition on posting with an alias. If you are searching through old posts to find someone posting with an alias bear in mind for a short time around 2010 we experimented with allowing aliases, but we found it lowered the level of discourse and went back to the old rule. You may also find an active member named "Cosmo", that is his real full legal name and he submitted proof of that.

If you are unhappy here, just don't come back. If you want access to the most active professional sound forums I am aware of follow the rules. You will find an active, knowledgable and helpful community here.

Mac

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:24:13 am »

Mike, the rule makes sense when you really think about it.  We're a community of professionals, and using real names helps to maintain the integrity of conversation.  Most of us seek input and give advice here used for making real decisions about a real business making real money.  From an investment and reputation standpoint, most of us can't afford to get it wrong.  In addition, a number of participants here represent equipment manufacturers, distributors, and dealers.  I have personally done business with a number of people on these boards and would take great difficulty considering a 5-figure purchase from someone simply known as "Soundman123" with no further credentials.  That's what ebay and Craigslist is for.  The professional sound/light/pyro industry is rather small and it's nice to know who to consider working with down the road and who to avoid at all costs.  Yes, we're held to a higher standard here than on other forums, but I for one applaud the rules because they lead to a better experience and ultimately a more useful resource.  Hope you stick around long enough to see that for yourself!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.