ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software based oscilloscope recommendations  (Read 2169 times)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Software based oscilloscope recommendations
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:49:19 AM »

Does anyone have suggestions for a PC based oscilloscope solution?  Mainly concerned with audio based frequencies and small scale home projects (RasPi) so no need to super high bandwidth. A decent UI with the ability to display multiple values/fields would be ideal. Thanks.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Software based oscilloscope recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:37:19 PM »

Does anyone have suggestions for a PC based oscilloscope solution?  Mainly concerned with audio based frequencies and small scale home projects (RasPi) so no need to super high bandwidth. A decent UI with the ability to display multiple values/fields would be ideal. Thanks.
With the very low cost of hardware oscilloscopes as well as the pretty significant compromises of software scopes, I would try to stretch your budget to the Rigol DS 1054Z, which is a high-quality scope for the money ($400).

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »

With the very low cost of hardware oscilloscopes as well as the pretty significant compromises of software scopes, I would try to stretch your budget to the Rigol DS 1054Z, which is a high-quality scope for the money ($400).
+1 to that. Software scopes are a waste of time when the likes of the Rigol are on the market for not much money. (Computers are computers and scopes are scopes and mixing the two up always remind me of that old "Get Smart" episode where Agent 86 goes under cover posing as a reporter with a tape recorder disguised as a camera and a camera disguised as a tape recorder).
M

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:52:59 AM »

Here's a freeware  http://www.sillanumsoft.org/prod01.htm

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:52:59 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries.