ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Touchmix-30 Pro!!!  (Read 59760 times)

Derrick Bordelon

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Re: NEW QSC DIGITAL MIXER TouchMix-30 Pro
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »

Price point is too high IMO. Stuck at a mixer that you can't reall gains and have to use it like you are working on a tablet. Can get an X32 rack, tablet and WAP for less. You get more physical inputs/outputs, more features, smaller footprint and can walk the room.

John Chiara

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

That's never bothered me with my DL1608. I take a picture of the gains with my iPad, and save it in a named folder for reference. Even doing this, I still find I'm making many changes to the input gains at sound check.

I will be looking at this new mixer for sure.

I find myself making changes through the show on multi band shows. No recall head amps at this price is stupid...and not a fader in sight. What are we paying $1900 for?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:22:40 PM by John Chiara »

Derrick Bordelon

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Re: QSC Touchmix-30 Pro!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 10:00:27 PM »

Edit: Threads got merged so I had a double post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:20:47 PM by Derrick Bordelon »

Derrick Bordelon

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »

I find myself making changes through the show on multi and shows. No recall head amps at this price is stupid...and not a fader in sight. What are we paying $1900 for?

For a stationary tablet and mixer with less inputs/outputs than anything else in that price range. Totally worth it man!!

Rick Powell

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »

We are starting to see used or unboxed Midas M32's at prices approaching the street price of this mixer. Good luck competing with that.

Derrick Bordelon

• Baton Rouge, Louisiana
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 10:23:40 PM »

We are starting to see used or unboxed Midas M32's at prices approaching the street price of this mixer. Good luck competing with that.

This should be around the $1000 street price to have a chance.

I'm in no way a QSC hater. I use nothing but QSC amps and have since the first PLX came out. In 15+ years I have had to repair 2 QSC amps.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:35:22 PM by Derrick Bordelon »

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »

I really like the TM16 for its capability:size ratio, so I'll be looking for an opportunity to mix a show on a TM30, to get a chance to check it out. I won't be in the market for one though. They didn't add enough features/upgrades to justify the size and price.

When you compare the price to the A&H Qu-Pac, the price isn't absurd, but this mixer is too big to be forgiving on the non-recallable preamps.

It's crazy to think about how mind-blowing this would have been 10 years ago though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 12:37:01 AM »

So now you have something even bigger and heavier and you still have to deal with that iPad Mini sized screen.  If you're really on top of it you can use that single encoder but you really have to be paying attention to what you're doing.  Definitely not for a bar band.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 02:51:54 AM »

I work for a company that bought a couple TM 16's the day it was released. I've only had to use it a couple times and It's not on my list of anything I'd ever ask for again. I hate the feel of the gain knobs and the accuracy after a couple years of wear reminds me of a VLZ1604. (Set them the same and nothing is close). But like the mackie, no failures and they go out every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »

But like the mackie, no failures and they go out every week.

Greg Mackie had a hand in designing the original Touch Mix series, I'm sure he had input in these as well

I like my Touch Mix consoles for small corporates, but would not think of mixing a general session or band on them cause I like faders. Don't get me wrong, I like mixing on an iPad as well, but there are times when you need faders.

They are nice compact mixers and one of our writers, Mark Frink takes one out with him on the road as Dr. John's monitor engineer cause he got tired of using the board du jour and not getting a working or good sounding console.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.