ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Phantom powered" wireless DMX  (Read 1085 times)

David Allred

"Phantom powered" wireless DMX
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:28:16 am »

These are starting to pop up on EBAY.  They work off the console or fixture that has a fourth contact for the shell, providing 5v.
Does anyone's gear have this 4th tab/contact?  How common is it?
Is it possible that the older versions could be modified to channel power from the shell?

David

David Allred

Re: "Phantom powered" wireless DMX
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:56:04 am »

Can't believe this didn't get any traction at all.  Seem like a great concept to gain wireless ability with out relying on a battery or dealing with a power supply.

David Buckley

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:44:20 pm »

I looked on eBay and Ali and didn't find any examples.  Must be using lousy search terms.  Care to link to one?

David Allred

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

Steve Garris

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:37:06 pm »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arrival-Wireless-DMX-Lighting-Controller-1-PC-Transmitter-6-PC-Receiver-/171396709587?hash=item27e80a3cd3:g:ZewAAOxyMxJSMXU1

Be sure and check your lights for the noted 5v "clip" in the dmx socket. My lights don't have this, so I'd be using the separate power supply. I wondered why they have a power socket, and I'm pretty sure this is why.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:11 am »

Most of the newer Blizzard puck or box type LEDs will power the wicicle receivers they sell without the need for an external supply.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, SLS, Renkus Heinz, Danley Sound Labs, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Denon, Rane, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, BenQ, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, more...

Chris Pflieger

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:27:53 am »

Clicked on this thinking it was a April Fool's post...

You do realize that power and DMX over the same cable is nothing new, right? 4 pin XLR is a standard for powering irises, scrollers, etc. with 24 VDC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 17 queries.