ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp Recomdations for (4) Danley Th 118's and (4) Sm 80's  (Read 10602 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Amp Recomdations for (4) Danley Th 118's and (4) Sm 80's
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »

Are there presets for all of the danley speakers?

Yes, and Josh Millward will send you the files and walk you through it. Some of the best support I've ever received.

The DNA amps are really quite robust and flexible.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »

Are there presets for all of the danley speakers?
Very soon they will be shipping with the presets for the speakers installed in the amp.

Until then, we can send you the files to load.  Easy to do via Ethernet .

The basic preset "stack" will include all the models except the Jericho and Exodus lines.

Those would be another preset file that can be loaded.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »

Powersoft X8.

It's a killer on all the speakers I've tried  it on so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick Alan

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »

Buy the DNA 20K

We have been using one and love it running 2 SM80 and 4 TH118.  Simple menu for all the options it has.  Josh at Danley has been great with any questions we have had too. 

Currently using (2) Crown I-tech 6000's to power these...running 4 subs off one of of the crown amps which puts them in 2 ohms....What would be the most logical upgrade...I need to factor in power requirements since we work in venues that only have 20 amp breakers avail....I was considering the Powersoft k20's..(one for the 4 subs and one for the 4 tops)...I believe you can dictate the power draw with them

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »

Buy the DNA 20K

We have been using one and love it running 2 SM80 and 4 TH118.  Simple menu for all the options it has.  Josh at Danley has been great with any questions we have had too.

I am a little uncomfortable with using only one amp...Have you been able to compare it to other amps?

Rick Alan

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »

No we have not. Totally understand your concern. I am scared for the day when the gremlins mess with the amp and it does not work at an event.  But if fear of a product failing keeps you up at night you are buy inferior equipment. Just my 2 cents.

I am a little uncomfortable with using only one amp...Have you been able to compare it to other amps?

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »

The 20K4 is roughly the same price as the Powersoft K20. So if you were planning to buy two of them you could also buy two Danley's and use one as a backup.

Do you plan to sell your iTechs if you buy a new amp?

I keep a couple of older QSC RMX amps and a Driverack for a backup. It's not nearly as much power as the 20K4, but the thing you have to remember is the Danley speakers/subs are very efficient and will still get plenty loud with 'not enough' power. It should get you through most gigs in the rare event of a failure of the 20K4.

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

No we have not. Totally understand your concern. I am scared for the day when the gremlins mess with the amp and it does not work at an event.  But if fear of a product failing keeps you up at night you are buy inferior equipment. Just my 2 cents.
I agree that fear shouldn't drive your decisions. But logic should. It's worth thinking about having a back-up of any one piece of equipment that could be a show-stopper. My goal is to be up and running again within 5 minutes of any equipment failure. I'm eyeing the SM80/TH118/DNA20K combo, but I don't own any other amplifiers, which is making me think twice about having only one amp. I'm not saying I expect it to fail, and I know that it's a top-notch product, but every product has a failure rate, no matter how small. I'd much rather use the manufacturer's solution, but if it means buying two of them just to have a spare, I'm not so sure I can justify the cost. If the OP has other amps that could be used as a backup, I'd say go for the DNA20K and don't look back.

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:54 AM »

I keep a couple of older QSC RMX amps and a Driverack for a backup. It's not nearly as much power as the 20K4, but the thing you have to remember is the Danley speakers/subs are very efficient and will still get plenty loud with 'not enough' power. It should get you through most gigs in the rare event of a failure of the 20K4.
Good plan!

Uniz Kazz

Amp Recomdations for (4) Danley Th 118's and (4) Sm 80's
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »

I'm with Scott. Keep in mind that although the K20 and DNA20K are more or less the same price wise, you are choosing also between a 2 and a 4 channel amp, with independent processing on each of the 4 channels on the DNA vs the 2 on the Powersoft.

ProSoundWeb Community

Amp Recomdations for (4) Danley Th 118's and (4) Sm 80's
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:20 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.