ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay China Par 64  (Read 15341 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: eBay China Par 64
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:34 PM »

I just bought a bunch of offshore lights and microphones from Aliexpres.com

Same stuff as the eBay sellers, most with free shipping. The mics ( from 3 different sellers) were great. I bought them cause they looked vintage for my collection.

I bought flat cans with cases. The cases are a little cheaper than regular ATA but they work good.  Should last for years with my company moving them but I would not take them on tour with stagehands du juor.

The lights are built like you expect but for around $30 a piece they are disposable up lights to me.  So far all have lasted through a few gigs so they are paid for and then some.

Save a little money and go direct.

Next I'm gonna get some small LED movers with cases
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 07:03:27 PM »

You guys have any pics of those lights in action on your rigs?  I have some 9x12W RGBAW (I know the wattage means nothing which is why I am asking).  Paid 75 or so a light.  Finally had 2 go out and looking for replacements.  I bought these off of another post here in the thread a year or two ago based on actual pictures.  Specs on lights are terrible, would be nice to see a pic or two if you have any.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15:00 AM »

A buddy of mine has some cheap lights that have an AC outlet instead of the IEC out that's on the linked lights. I like to keep things as easy as possible. I see a lot with the IEC outlet on ebay. I'll post here when I find something with AC.

Fraser Moffatt

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »

You guys have any pics of those lights in action on your rigs?  I have some 9x12W RGBAW (I know the wattage means nothing which is why I am asking).  Paid 75 or so a light.  Finally had 2 go out and looking for replacements.  I bought these off of another post here in the thread a year or two ago based on actual pictures.  Specs on lights are terrible, would be nice to see a pic or two if you have any.

I have similar units (Big Dipper LP005) units deployed for uplighting behind the drums. The were kind of useless for side wash lighting (not powerful enough, and not a lot of spread). Can kind of make them out here and I think they're decent for this application:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:10:34 PM by Fraser Moffatt »
Now with 27% more mojo.

Steve Garris

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »

Yes. This stage is lit with nothing but cheap LED Chinese pars. About half of them (with the very narrow beams) at the super cheap $20 lights. The outer lights on trees are the $35 pars noted in this thread. The lights behind the drummer are brighter, brand name lights, such as the ADJ Megabar. The front spots are the $20 ebay lights hanging from the ceiling about 20 feet out. The white "fingers" coming down in the back are 4-play's set to that scene (fixed). Some pictures here have snow - a "snow" bubble machine spewing on the dance floor. There is lot's of smoke - I use one burst per song. The last pictures of a different band are with fewer lights (just the house).

Steve Garris

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »

A few more - the last 3 are the very cheap $20 lights only:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:48:42 PM by Steve Garris »

Lyle Williams

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »

I'd seen LED lights on late night infomercials claiming they can regrow lost hair.  The above pictures might be proof that LED hairgrowth is a thing.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 05:04:58 AM »

On a more serious note, how do you find the colour and brightness consistency on the 7x10 pars?  I have some other cheap led pars with slight colour variations.  Put a string of them uplighting and you can see the beams aren't quite identical. 

Her Xiong

Lyle Williams

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »

Swarms of single colour leds can have colour fringes at the edge of beams.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.