ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC DC rig rundown is this for real?  (Read 16267 times)

Jeff Bankston

Re: AC DC rig rundown is this for real?
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »

Indeed.  A few years ago, I (and many others) walked out of a show as my ears were hurting from a guitarist playing through a single Twin Reverb.

Steve.
I have a 72 twin reverb. Its loud alright ! Way HUGE LOUD !

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:53 AM »

Scott Helmke

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »

Indeed.  A few years ago, I (and many others) walked out of a show as my ears were hurting from a guitarist playing through a single Twin Reverb.

The Twin is the most deceptively loud amp ever built.  Even beyond ear-shredding levels it still sounds sort of clean.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 09:05:02 PM »

The Twin is the most deceptively loud amp ever built.  Even beyond ear-shredding levels it still sounds sort of clean.
Mine has the AA270 circuit and that was the cleanest circuit the twins have. I just got a set of 4 matched preferred series 6L6GC tubes from the tube store. The salesman I talked to has an early 72 twin and said from what he has tried those are the cleanest tubes for the twin. I got the ones that are very late or no breakup. Next are the cleanest preamp tubes and reconing the wore out JBL D120F's to JBL K120 cones. That should be as clean as is possible.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 02:17:24 PM »

The Twin was originally intended to be a pedal steel amp.  Subsequently upgraded to the dual 15 Showman.  Fender never expected guitar players to be that loud.
Then the CBS engineers came in and tried to make them hi-fi amps and even cleaner.  Which almost killed Fender.
I'm not sure why someone would want to optimize the cleanness of one unless it's for a pedal steel or something other than a conventional electric guitar.  Sounds painful to me.  I'll let our resident Fender expert Bob fill in the rest of the particulars.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

The Twin was originally intended to be a pedal steel amp.  Subsequently upgraded to the dual 15 Showman.  Fender never expected guitar players to be that loud.
Then the CBS engineers came in and tried to make them hi-fi amps and even cleaner.  Which almost killed Fender.
I'm not sure why someone would want to optimize the cleanness of one unless it's for a pedal steel or something other than a conventional electric guitar.  Sounds painful to me.  I'll let our resident Fender expert Bob fill in the rest of the particulars.
I want the cleanest amp possible to play my Strat through. I have Marshall JCM800 2205 full stack and 30 pedals for distortion when I want that sound. Check out Claptons clean strat sound out of his silver face twin.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t54NeRX03_o

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.