ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Lead singer using cheap processor.  (Read 19353 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Lead singer using cheap processor.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »

My good friend Dick Rees responded to me and I have his permission to post his response which is as follows,

"Go to Walmart and buy a couple of mega-packs of toilet paper, then give him the receipt and demand remuneration for the increased cost of supplies to deal with a GIANT ASSHOLE!!!"

He sends his greetings to, "All and Sundry".....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »

My good friend Dick Rees responded to me and I have his permission to post his response which is as follows,

"Go to Walmart and buy a couple of mega-packs of toilet paper, then give him the receipt and demand remuneration for the increased cost of supplies to deal with a GIANT ASSHOLE!!!"

He sends his greetings to, "All and Sundry".....

Ahhh... Classic Dick Rees.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »

I can count on one hand and have fingers left over for the number of times singers I  have worked with using a vocal processor and actually used it correctly.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »

The worst is when the gain of their patches is jumping all over the place.

Because a mic is attached it is 1000x worse than a keyboard

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

I just put 2 and 2 together and realized one more feature of the unit - pitch correction. Maybe he lacks some confidence in his own abilities and with the pc and added doubler, he can hide from himself??
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John L Nobile

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:39:26 PM »

I'd choose pitch correction and bad sound over pithcy vocals and great sound any day.

Can this guy actually sing in tune?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 08:46:26 PM »

I'd choose pitch correction and bad sound over pithcy vocals and great sound any day.

Can this guy actually sing in tune?

He actually can John.... he's quite good so I have no idea why he would rely on pitch correction but its the only thing I can think of that would make him so anal about it... he appears to trust me with everything else- just not his vocal. it's like he's using the box as a crutch... he almost cradles it at rehearsal.....

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 08:57:37 PM »

Yeah - I did think of this but I knew it wouldn't end well if I even hinted at splitting the signal....
Debbie, just tell him it's a backup for his vocal if the processor shits the bed.
Get that clean signal, one way or another.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 09:18:45 PM »

We recently played a private party where the customer wanted to "sing a few of his song".  He showed up after the first set just before starting the second set with a mic processor.  We had no time for a sound check.  Our band mate who was working with him on being ready said that he needed it for his confidence.

My first concern was controlling feedback.  He would be sitting, so the mic would be pretty close to the monitor.

I was firm and respectful with him and our band mate, that I didn't want it hooked up.  I assured him that I would add a lot of fx to make him sound good.  He actually had voice that fit his songs good

In my case, I'm part of the band with discretion of what and how things are connected.

Customer was cool and enjoyed playing for his friends and with the 'big' band behind him.

John L Nobile

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:22 PM »

Pitch correction is used as an effect. It used to be overused to death and I hope I never have to hear it again.

I hope you don't have to do many gigs with this guy or the wye cord works out.

Everyone has an occasional bad day at work. We're not immune to that just because we do what we love.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.