ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light stand advice/help  (Read 2952 times)

John Roll

Light stand advice/help
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:27:50 AM »

I've been using ADJ LTS-2 stands for my front lighting. I had another one of the knobs threads strip out. I feel that I am not over tightening them but they seem to strip out fairly frequently. Is there an alternative knob I can order from another source that's  more robust? Should I consider using another stand?
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

George Dougherty

Re: Light stand advice/help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »

I've been using ADJ LTS-2 stands for my front lighting. I had another one of the knobs threads strip out. I feel that I am not over tightening them but they seem to strip out fairly frequently. Is there an alternative knob I can order from another source that's  more robust? Should I consider using another stand?
Ultimate stands with the quick-release style lock.  I'll take those any day over threaded and pinned ones that get broken and lose the pin.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:08:07 PM »

Ultimate Support makes a nice product.  They're a little on the light-duty side for what I normally do, but if you're happy with the size/weight/capacity of the LTS-2 than the Ultimate Support option will be a nice improvement for you.  If you need a bit more capacity you can consider some of the stands that Global Truss makes, but note that the size/weight of the stand itself increases drastically and might be more than you're looking to haul around.  Hope this helps!

Max Hall

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »

I adapted one of my stands when it broke as a short term fix. Drilled 6 holes through the pole evenly spaced and put bolt through it so that weight rested on that rather than relying on a overtightened plastic screw. Wasn't the proper way to do it but needed a quick fix, I did it slightly better on the new one just incase it failed during use.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 24 queries.