ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hanging a Danley SH 96Ho  (Read 14439 times)

Tamar Ghobria

Hanging a Danley SH 96Ho
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »

Might be looking to pick up a pair of Danley 96ho's an wanted to know what the option were for hanging them...I would love to ground stack them with 2 TH 118's but don't think I will be able to get them high enough....I prefer to use crank stands with outriggers (Duratruss 5200) and not have to use horizontal trussing..

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Hanging a Danley SH 96Ho
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »

Danley has drawings for a fabricated lift frame that works well. I know someone with a pair that they may consider selling if you are interested.

The DT5200 lift would not be the right tool because (1) they are too light duty, and (2) they will not handle a cantilevered load. You would need a heavy telescoping lift with load bars like the Genie Supertower, Sumner Eventer, VBM, or the ones I use, Cosmic Truss CT-5, which are much lighter weight than the Genie and Sumner but handle the SH96HO nicely.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

Danley has drawings for a fabricated lift frame that works well. I know someone with a pair that they may consider selling if you are interested.

The DT5200 lift would not be the right tool because (1) they are too light duty, and (2) they will not handle a cantilevered load. You would need a heavy telescoping lift with load bars like the Genie Supertower, Sumner Eventer, VBM, or the ones I use, Cosmic Truss CT-5, which are much lighter weight than the Genie and Sumner but handle the SH96HO nicely.

Mike they hold 440 lbs each...when you say selling a pair do you mean the speakers or fabricated frame?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:40:37 PM »

Mike they hold 440 lbs each...when you say selling a pair do you mean the speakers or fabricated frame?

I'm talking about the frame. But it is made for hanging and angling the speakers from above. If you plan to use a center telescoping stand they won't help you.

How would you propose mounting the speakers on top of a DT5200?
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

If you have the labor or equipment to lift them high enough but want to just use 2 subs a side perhaps you could secure a section of intellistage or similar between the top sub and the SH96HO as a riser.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »

If you have the labor or equipment to lift them high enough but want to just use 2 subs a side perhaps you could secure a section of intellistage or similar between the top sub and the SH96HO as a riser.
People often use a "riser" of some sort.

THe "trick" is to not make it resonant at some freq.

So it needs to be "open" on 2 sides or have large open holes etc.

Whatever freq it is "tuned to" (the resonant freq) will suck out those freq.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Hanging a Danley SH 96Ho
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »

That's on a 4' tall stage on 4' tall subs. I'd still like them up a little higher but they sure aren't light...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:40:20 AM by eric lenasbunt »

Yoel Farkas

• Classic LAB
  • eXpert Sound inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »

Might be looking to pick up a pair of Danley 96ho's an wanted to know what the option were for hanging them...I would love to ground stack them with 2 TH 118's but don't think I will be able to get them high enough....I prefer to use crank stands with outriggers (Duratruss 5200) and not have to use horizontal trussing..
I'm in design process for a yoke mount that can hold something like that. the idea is that it mounts on 2 subs. i will post the drawings when i'm done.
Yoel Farkas
Expert Sound inc.
Monroe, NY, USA

Yoel Farkas

• Classic LAB
  • eXpert Sound inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »

pole mounted
Yoel Farkas
Expert Sound inc.
Monroe, NY, USA

Yoel Farkas

• Classic LAB
  • eXpert Sound inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »

the picture shows Danley SH96 with 3 Danley Th118

It is adjustable, and configurable.

can be adjust to sub size, amount.

can be adjusted to speaker width, height.

can fold for easy transport
Yoel Farkas
Expert Sound inc.
Monroe, NY, USA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.