ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet SLIMPAR 64 and OBEY 10 Issue  (Read 5516 times)

David Allred

Re: Chauvet SLIMPAR 64 and OBEY 10 Issue
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »

Ill check the resistance and move some cables around. It seems to be the light. Doesn't matter if it's at the start or end of the daisy chain, it's always that particular fixture. Ran the cable from the controller to either end of the chain also.

As if being the bass player and setting up the PA isn't enough, I get to play with the lights too!

Thanks for the help

What is the latest on this? 

Matthew Dickinson

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »

The lights are working!! I had to Terminate with extreme prejudice. An XLR end with a 120 ohm resistor did the trick. Only had  a 25`cable and (7) 5`cables. can`t wait to add 8 more fixtures and another 130`of cable.

Thanks for all the input.

Matt

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »

I'm glad to hear that everything is working!  Something still isn't sitting right with me though.  While I do terminate my DMX runs, I've never had a problem that was definitively solved with a terminator, particularly on cable runs as short as yours.  Occasional glitches - maybe.  A repeatable, predictable problem - no.  If I were you, I'd still step through the entire system one cable/fixture at a time and see if you can narrow things down to a suspect item.  It's quite possible that there's a bad solder joint somewhere in all this that is causing some signal distortion.  A weak console signal would also amplify this problem.  Good luck!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.