ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF speakers  (Read 4873 times)

Akki Serd

RCF speakers
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:10:59 PM »

Wonder Why there is no much reviews/interests in RCF?

Couldn't find anything about RCF 4PRO 2031-A and RCF 4PRO 8003-AS (or 8004) for example.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:16:01 PM by Akki Serd »

Mike Sullivan

Re: RCF speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »

Wonder Why there is no much reviews/interests in RCF?

Couldn't find anything about RCF 4PRO 2031-A and RCF 4PRO 8003-AS (or 8004) for example.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

There is more interest than you think, just not as highly publicized as other mainstream brand speakers.  I know several people that use RCF...we use the HDL20a line array and I own a set of ART 312's, as well as a single 8006 (basically 2 8004's in a single box).  I can comment on the sub at least, they sound great and get loud, not as loud as their "redheaded stepbrother" the dB Tech S30 but are a lot flatter sounding.  The only con is the much larger box size, which really is needed to get LF extension.  Others may be able to comment on the 8003/8004, if you look for Rick Alan of PSS, I know he owns some 8004's and loves them (but has switched to Danley I believe)
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »

Tuesday I got to hear two hangs of (4) HDL50's, one small hang of (4) HDL20a's, and a (6) box hang of TT33's, and one other very good LA system from another manufacturer.  We listened with recorded music, a live band, and two pastors on headworn mics.  It was in a large (for our area) 750+ seat church ( 120' wide by 100' deep) with 25' ceilings.

The HDL50's were really more speaker that the room truly needed, but at any level they were audibly better than anything else at the demo.  It's a big box and with a room only 100' deep at the rear doors, the demo might not represent what that box might sound like outdoors or in a large arena, but from what I heard the HD50 is a serious contender for arenas and festivals.  It sounded as good as any system I have heard.  Great clarity, full range, and smoothness that everyone at the demo (about 30 people) commented on.  It was most noticeable on the headworn mics with the pastors.  It did not sound like voice was amplified and coming from a loudspeaker.  It was like the pastor was next to you talking . . . throughout the whole venue.

I understand these HDL50's will be at the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo, Colorado for the next week.  I think they will be at the amphitheater.  They are worth a listen for anyone in that area!

Nick Andrews

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »

I have a few RCF boxes...  ;)

HDL20a
8006as
8004as
nxl24a
nx15sma
nx12sma
art310a mk3
art312a mk3

All of these boxes are honestly excellent and have changed the way I work. I have moved to a fully active setup, that along with some clever cabling solutions have really made my setup easier. I have ditched all my speaker Nl4 and NL2 cable and power amp racks completely from my inventory. Wouldn't change a thing honestly... RCF USA has been fantastic to work with , great people, and they are local to me for service and to pickup new items (if i ever needed) which is a major plus because I can drive right over.

not to sound like a fan boy , but, I am very happy with the sound quality and features, Setup, power and patch and get to work, very little eq and work needed to make them sound killer. Plus I can scale and configure my rig so many different ways to ensure I cover a room or event properly, very very versatile and well thought out products, and all my clients love the way they sound and look, pretty much a no brainer for me.

shoot me a message if you have any specific questions ....

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:56:52 PM by Nick Andrews »

Shawn Brett

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »

We have a pair of 8006s, very nice subs.  Will soon be adding either HDL50s or TTL6s to our inventory.  Haven't decided yet, although I'm leaning a bit more towards the TTL6s.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 06:34:42 PM »

My current production inventory includes:
TTL11As
TTS26As
4PRO8001s
EVOX8s
NX12SMAs
NXM10As
ART325Is
ART310Is
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »

I don't own any RCF but a friend of mine has quite a bit. We subcontracted him to use his 8006 and HDL20a for a big gospel show in half of a large college basketball arena. The rig sounded fabulous and the subs were absolutely insane for their price point. We have also used his NX15SMA and they will rip your face off.

If I wasn't so heavily invested in Harman I would have definitely be looking at RCF

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »

RCF are definitely top notch. The Fremont Street Experience (big screen and audio over Freemont Street in Las Vegas) just installed all RCF boxes.

I heard the first demo of the HDL50 rig and was very impressed.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.