ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Proper use of loading ramp  (Read 9890 times)

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
Re: Proper use of loading ramp
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:49 PM »

Mine has been used and abused for 5 years now, and while it looks slightly worse for wear, still works fine.

TJ, good to hear. Thanks. It's a tool and I'll make peace with it in due course. -F
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »

I prefer this type of ramps.
Just wait for them to open the van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZG2ldm8mg

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:20 PM »

I prefer this type of ramps.
Just wait for them to open the van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZG2ldm8mg

What kind of ramp is that and where can I get one?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 12:20:48 AM »

What kind of ramp is that and where can I get one?

http://www.rollaramp.com/

Discount Ramps has them. I see some models on the Walmart site, too.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 03:04:19 AM »

Stay hydrated and electrolyted up Scott.  I almost went down from heat exhaustion at the first of this month in over 115F heat index.

We went through the trash again, no destructions, no pins.

My take aways from this discussion:

1 - I am going to use my router (not the data kind) and make an extension to the floor and fix the 2" gap to the well
2 - Will install a sleeve in the wood for the pin to drip into

Here is the link, I am very happy with the quality, $229 shipped.  I had no trouble pushing up a 400lb case.  My helper had to put a foot on it a few times.  All in all the E-350 van, ramp and a few more cases has really kicked my game up a bit.  Rolling in and out really gives you a feel of confidence, I will never use a plastic tub or milk crate again.  Investment in gear is protected and everything has a place.  I also cut my pre-show stress by 90% as everything has a place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391435301089

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 06:29:53 AM »

1 - I am going to use my router (not the data kind) and make an extension to the floor and fix the 2" gap to the well

Here is the link, I am very happy with the quality, $229 shipped.  I had no trouble pushing up a 400lb case.  My helper had to put a foot on it a few times.  All in all the E-350 van, ramp and a few more cases has really kicked my game up a bit.  Rolling in and out really gives you a feel of confidence, I will never use a plastic tub or milk crate again.  Investment in gear is protected and everything has a place.  I also cut my pre-show stress by 90% as everything has a place.

Ramp and wheels is the shit. My DSR system involves attaching the ramp to my trailer and rolling 5 things out. At the end of the night takes us about 15-20 mins to put everything away and 5-10 min to roll it back in depending how far we have to push it.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »

Someone on here had a pic of some carpeted boards they made to give a uniform flat floor in their mini-van.  I made some for my full size passenger van so that when I take out each row of seats, I can put one in.  That gives me a very flat floor compared to the ribs on the floor of a typical cargo van.  And I can easily roll things around in there.  It also meant drilling a couple of 5/16 holes for the pins in the ramp was not an issue since I wasn't drilling into the actual body of the van.  As was pointed out previously, the part on the bottom of the pic goes into the van and the pins go into holes you've drilled in whatever that lip sits on.
I have holes for securing it to both the back and side doorways.  While it seems to stay on it's own, it doesn't sag as much when pined to the vehicle.  Everything feels much more secure.
On my ramp, the pins are chained to the ramp and when it's all folded up, they go across the arrangement and keep it from flopping open.  I did have a problem with the cheap thin chains breaking so I replaced those with stuff a little stouter.
I have no idea how a disabled person deals with these things given that they're sold as wheelchair ramps.  They're awkward enough for an able bodied person to fold out and secure.  But it sure does make loading and unloading gear much easier.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »

Scott, if you go from the eBay to the companies website, the description says the same pins that hold it folded are used to pin it in place.

Maybe the are stuck in the ramp somewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »

Scott, if you go from the eBay to the companies website, the description says the same pins that hold it folded are used to pin it in place.

Maybe the are stuck in the ramp somewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That makes sense as it is not secured folded.  I would hope they are on some sort of aircraft cable with a crimp seal.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »

http://www.rollaramp.com/

Discount Ramps has them. I see some models on the Walmart site, too.

That's a really interesting concept.  I'm curious though how the smaller caster wheels do going over all those ridges when carrying a reasonable amount of weight...  It looks fine in the video, but I'd still be hesitant to choose that surface over the flat, non-slip wheelchair ramps.  It'd also be interesting to compare the 'rolled up' space consumption of that ramp to a more standard folding ramp.  I'm still not really completely happy with my bottom of the Harbor Freight ramp (a bit too short), but for $100 out the door it's hard to complain.  Scott, to answer your question about how to secure such a ramp, there's a chain attached to the side of this ramp that hooks onto the door frame of my van.  Not glamorous, but it's not going to fall either.   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 07:16:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.