ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: OA Windsor stage boxes - WOW  (Read 23822 times)

Taylor Hall

Re: OA Windsor stage boxes - WOW
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »

Having it actually work on all browsers would probably help people look into your products. Just a thought. Simpler IS better when it comes to websites and cross-platform compatibility.

-Ray

Safari is often the bane of many a web developer as it finds the most unique (read: infuriating) ways to render pages completely different (some would even say incorrect) from any other browser available. I suppose that's part of why it's barely clinging to a 5% worldwide usage rating...

There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

Safari is often the bane of many a web developer as it finds the most unique (read: infuriating) ways to render pages completely different (some would even say incorrect) from any other browser available. I suppose that's part of why it's barely clinging to a 5% worldwide usage rating...

Safari is the new IE6.

Looks great in Chrome on a Mac.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »

You both missed the point.....

....... any site should render properly in any browser. That is, after all, the purpose of the internet. Using code that is specific to a certain browser defeats that purpose.

I might be alone in saying this, but if someone wants the maximum amount of potential customers to visit their site, it makes sense that they should code the site to be as friendly as possible.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »

You both missed the point.....
....... any site should render properly in any browser. That is, after all, the purpose of the internet. Using code that is specific to a certain browser defeats that purpose.

You missed the point that Safari is most often the culprit for not being standards-compliant these days. It might require code that's specific to a certain browser to work in Safari.
However, in this case, I think it's something else.

What version of Safari are you using?
oawindsor.com renders fine on my iPhone 6 in Safari and on my Mac in Safari.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 11:45:47 PM »

You missed the point that Safari is most often the culprit for not being standards-compliant these days. It might require code that's specific to a certain browser to work in Safari.
However, in this case, I think it's something else.

What version of Safari are you using?
oawindsor.com renders fine on my iPhone 6 in Safari and on my Mac in Safari.
Once again.... you might be not understanding the concept of The Internet...

The concept here is that we have an information source that SHOULD NOT BE dependent on the browser(s) accessing it. To dictate a model of browser for successful access to information defeats the purpose of the internet.

Now, granted that if someone is requiring security (purchases) then having a standard of privacy is important. But, since it only takes about 47 seconds to code in "Browser_Check" to a website (and then decide to send said result(s) to a separate site) that's a moot argument. A basic website should be willing and able to present its content to ANY user regardless of browser type. Why require users to have the "latest and greatest" browser just to view your website?!?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:07 AM »

Second sites arent needed any more.  Bootstrap and proper responsove programming solves this.

The site is a reasonable effort from non-proammers.  They iaed a Wix template.  It was born from a decenr open source system and is a turd for suckers.

It's an easy way to stand up a site.  I would only pay with PayPal.  The way the CC processor is plugged in doesn't use a disagreator to abstract CC from identifying info,  the whole transaction is sent in one x509 session.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jim Spohn

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 06:13:40 PM »

Scott, Ray, Corey, Taylor, and Jonathan,

We would like to thank you for commenting on the new OA Windsor.com website. We are taking the suggestions to heart and will try to incorporate some of the ideas in the not too distant future.

Again, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Jim Spohn OA Windsor

Jim Spohn
OAWindsor.com
307-674-8228
[email protected]
30469 S. Ditmore Road
Worley, ID 83876

Jim Spohn

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »

The "history" page flips too fast, before I finish reading a page. I think it would be OK to make it not flip; maybe make the "next" and "previous" buttons a little more obvious.
Jonathan,
We have turned off the "flip" timer and are trying to get the buttons to be a little more obvious.  Thanks,  Jim  OA Windsor
Jim Spohn
OAWindsor.com
307-674-8228
[email protected]
30469 S. Ditmore Road
Worley, ID 83876

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.