ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Monitor Systems "mixback" feature  (Read 4163 times)

Anthony Warren

Personal Monitor Systems "mixback" feature
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:22:47 AM »

Hi all,

I am researching Personal monitoring solutions for our church.  We have a number of Wireless IEM's that we wish to incorporate into the solution so are keen to find a way to send the In Ear mix "back" to the IEM TX's.
Obviously we could run audio cables from the headphone out of whatever systems "controller" at each musician's position back to the IEM TX rack but I've come across a couple of vendors whose system can send it back using the send/control connection.

I'm aware of the following systems that have this feature:
Digital Audio Labs LiveMix - using DA-816 analoge output module
Aviom A360's - Mixback feature with D800

Are there any other systems that have this option ?

Thanks,
Anthony

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Personal Monitor Systems "mixback" feature
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:41:36 AM »

Hi all,

I am researching Personal monitoring solutions for our church.  We have a number of Wireless IEM's that we wish to incorporate into the solution so are keen to find a way to send the In Ear mix "back" to the IEM TX's.
Obviously we could run audio cables from the headphone out of whatever systems "controller" at each musician's position back to the IEM TX rack but I've come across a couple of vendors whose system can send it back using the send/control connection.

Thanks,
Anthony
Several mixers allow users to control their monitor mix via a phone or tablet app. Not as tactile as a personal monitor box, but free and wireless.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »

Or just iPads controlling the FOH mixer, then outputs to the IEM Tx. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Sammy Barr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

I have had good success using the rolls PM50 at 60.00 per mix and having the talent use their phone to set their own mix.  Very easy on the Soundcraft and Behringer.  I usually use the digital stage box to get the mixes on the deck.  Behringer personal mixers also work great.

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »

Hi all,

Thanks,
Anthony

We have the Livemix system and currently use the headphone out back to the TX rack method. The DA-816 is in our future when the funds become available. In the mean time we built a custom snake that lives on the DS lip that has both xlr and cat5 connectors to handle the hook up to each performer's Duo. There is a custom patch panel at the rack. Shortens up the cable runs and stage clutter.

Karl Maciag

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »

What console are you using? If there are enough outputs to serve the IEM TX's, and it's digital and has a mobile app, invest in iPads or tablets to allow the musicians to mix their own. I feel the personal mixer application is going to fade as more churches get digital consoles that allow a tablet to do the mix. Every channel on the console is available, as opposed to the channel count limitations of the PSM systems. Also, the musicians can share tablets to control mixes as well. At my church, people are free to bring their own device, or we have a couple iPads on stage that they can walk up to, select their mix, and make the changes they need. If you're still running an analog console, it's worth looking at the cost of the entire PSM system, and comparing it to the cost of a digital console and a couple iPads. You might be surprised that you'll find more bang for the buck going with the digital console.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »

One of the big advantages that the Behringer P16 system has over all others I've seen (at any cost) is that it creates it's mixes "onboard" and each input channel or stem is not only individually adjustable for level and pan, but eq as well. Each person truly has their own mix, without having to share really anything with other users. The only limitation is that there is only 16 input channels or stems for the entire system. There are no mixes used up on the source console except for making stems.

Other systems like the A&H and Aviom do not have individual channel eq per mix.
Systems that use iPad or remote controllers to control a single digital mixer will use up mixes in the console that they're controlling for each person.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.