ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a new Church | Choosing Between Bose Roommatch an JBL | Input Wanted  (Read 12870 times)

Kyle Waters

I actually prefer that customers NOT tell me their budget, at least not until I give them my first proposal. I would rather they just tell me their NEEDS, let me design a system to meet it, and then see how close we are. Sometimes we're under budget, sometimes we're way over budget, but at least we have a starting point and we didn't get there by chasing a number.

Then, if we're over budget we can talk about ways to cut back and what they would have to give up to get there. Or, if we're under budget we can talk about 'nice-to-have' items, but only if they want to. My goal is to provide a solution to your problems, and I don't really care about the price. If I spend 80% of your budget but don't solve your problems, I did you a disservice. If I went over budget by 20% but I hit every design criteria, you're going to be much happier in the long run.

That's basically what we did recently.  We knew we needed a new sound system. We brought in 4 different companies, showed them the room, told them what the problems were with our current system, and told them what our goals were and left it at that.  We got 4 different proposals.  Then it was up to us, we prayed over it extensively, and interviewed each company.
Our new system will be installed next week. I didn't get everything I WANTED but I'm satisfied we got everything we NEEDED.     

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio

That's basically what we did recently.  We knew we needed a new sound system. We brought in 4 different companies, showed them the room, told them what the problems were with our current system, and told them what our goals were and left it at that.  We got 4 different proposals.  Then it was up to us, we prayed over it extensively, and interviewed each company.
Our new system will be installed next week. I didn't get everything I WANTED but I'm satisfied we got everything we NEEDED.     

If you don't mind sharing, what was your budget? And where were these 4 quotes relative to your budget?

What was your reasoning for choosing the company you ultimately went with?

Kyle Waters

If you don't mind sharing, what was your budget? And where were these 4 quotes relative to your budget?

What was your reasoning for choosing the company you ultimately went with?

Our budget was well into 6 figures.  Some of the quotes were more inclusive than others. (monitors,  db of coverage etc)  2 of the companies we felt were just trying to push a product on us.  That left us with 2.  It really came down to prayer, the interviewing of the company , references, and view of previous installs.   We didn't pick the cheapest option.  The price was a little more than we wanted to spend and was a tough sell to the congregation, but like I said above, we are satisfied that we are getting what we NEED for now and the future. I'm looking forward to this next week.

Joel Mevis

Listen to Ivan. He knows his stuff.

When my church builds our own building we will be consulting, and using Danley Sound Labs. I'd like to design the sanctuary so that it'll accept and utilize Jericho J1-94...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:25:01 PM by Joel Mevis »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Building a new Church | Choosing Between Bose Roommatch an JBL | Input Wanted
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.