ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Anyone Actually Used The Radial BT-Pro Bluetooth Receiver?  (Read 4041 times)

Lyle Williams

Re: Has Anyone Actually Used The Radial BT-Pro Bluetooth Receiver?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

The folks that insist on Bluetooth don't care, Pete.  They're called "consumers" and the wedding and party customers seem to want this convenience no matter ter what.

Bah, humbug.

I just got a Blue DI to get around this problem.  People look at you like you're stupid when 250kg of PA can't connect to their cool new phone.

It works great, but I fully expect people to wander away to the dropout range and complain from there.  :-)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »

I just got a Blue DI to get around this problem.  People look at you like you're stupid when 250kg of PA can't connect to their cool new phone.

It works great, but I fully expect people to wander away to the dropout range and complain from there.  :-)

That's my expectation as well.  Kind of like consumers only seeing a wireless microphone (usually on TV) and thinking that's the only component needed to address an audience...  "oh, I need speakers and other stuff, too?"

Also consumer experiences with things like Bluetooth are positive but in much smaller spaces with far fewer potentially interfering signals and simply don't accept the explanation that things don't always work the way they do at home.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »

Switchcraft also makes a Bluetooth DI; gonna try one out sometime to test its limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »

I'm looking for a receiver with the longest range. The Radial is twice the price of the Dennon DN-200, but I would be willing to go the extra if it is worth it. Yes, I have read all the  other Bluetooth related threads....

The Denon DN-300Z is a 1U CD/FM/BT unit and I've had it work at easily 100' through at least one block wall. I was very impressed and that was with the tiny 3" antenna tucked in the back of a (wood) rack full of other gear

Their standalone BT receiver is the DN-200BR and it has balanced outs and what looks like a bigger antenna. that, plus being small enough to mount in a better location I would think performance would be great.
http://denonpro.com/products/view3/dn-200br

The switchcraft looks handy, but has no antenna to speak of so I doubt the range will be amazing, and from what I've been told needs a solid 48V to work.
Also, at almost the same price it's only useful if you want something small to carry in your bag

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.