ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung View  (Read 54827 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Samsung View
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »

Have you downloaded WiFi Analyzer to your tablet so you can see all the WiFi access points on the air in a particular location? It does 2.4g and 5g. It is interesting to see what is out there.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »

Have you downloaded WiFi Analyzer to your tablet so you can see all the WiFi access points on the air in a particular location? It does 2.4g and 5g. It is interesting to see what is out there.

I haven't Kevin... I'll take a look-thanks
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »

I was wondering about how the "next real gig" would go.  Far better than it was first time out.  Good enough, as you pointed out, is dependent on what level you're operating at.  As has been pointed out many times before, using public, unlicensed airwaves, whether it is WiFi or other wireless (mic, IEM, etc.), is a always a risk. How much is too much, and where can one afford the risk?

Congrats on getting backup AE configured so easily.  Yeah, it was huge; proved you learned those lessons.  BTW, you're a good student - you work hard, don't give up, ask clarifying questions, try to work it out on your own, and most importantly, LISTEN.  Many sound folks are not particularly prepared to be "their own network admin".  Steep learning curve for a lot of folks. 

frank

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2016, 04:20:58 PM »

I was wondering about how the "next real gig" would go.  Far better than it was first time out.  Good enough, as you pointed out, is dependent on what level you're operating at.  As has been pointed out many times before, using public, unlicensed airwaves, whether it is WiFi or other wireless (mic, IEM, etc.), is a always a risk. How much is too much, and where can one afford the risk?

Congrats on getting backup AE configured so easily.  Yeah, it was huge; proved you learned those lessons.  BTW, you're a good student - you work hard, don't give up, ask clarifying questions, try to work it out on your own, and most importantly, LISTEN.  Many sound folks are not particularly prepared to be "their own network admin".  Steep learning curve for a lot of folks. 

frank

Thanks Frank.

Last night we played out and due to space restrictions I just used the iPad.

Regarding my set-up right now, my thinking is this.
Since I started remote mixing, the positives have vastly outweighed the negatives for my purposes.  The main thing for me has been not having to run multi core. This has changed my life completely in the small bars where it was always such a problem running lines safely and practically. Any inherent problems caused by going wireless are way down on my list compared to just this issue alone. Then of course having the band members able to mix their own iems on their phones too - simply huge!!
Having said that the iPad connection has always been fantastically reliable and even better since I transitioned to the AE from the Cisco E2500 and became more aware of the simple requirements necessary to get the best reception, ie router placement etc. I have had virtually no drop out whatsoever. It only ever really happens now at the larger outdoor shows and now I am using only 5ghz, I am hoping that will improve also.
Fortunately I do not usually have to provide sound in an area that is well wi fi trafficked - I am sure it would be different in a larger city.
Being able to have the choice of whether to go with the Samsung or iPad or both is really nice and has been a worthwhile addition for me - even the troubleshooting which at times became a bit daunting, has provided a learning opportunity for me that will spill into other aspects of my life eg home/ work networks - I am no expert of course ( I wish)  ...  but I just have a lot better grasp of  how it all works now and most importantly I am not afraid to change up settings to see if there are any improvements that can be made. It was always fear of the unknown for me.
Yes - I am quite content with how things have turned out .....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »

Which one? There are several

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2016, 06:48:06 PM »

Which one? There are several

The one I have is called "WiFi analyzer" I have version 3.9.8-L. The author is Kevin Yuan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »

The one I have is called "WiFi analyzer" I have version 3.9.8-L. The author is Kevin Yuan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Thank you!

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »

On the flip side, my Samsung phone will jump around at the strongest available AP and I'm good to go. So my Samsung is better.
Clayton,

I have been trying to reply to your personal message since before Thanksgiving, but don't think my replies are getting through.

You can reach my Samsung flip phone at five O five 92o O4ninety seven, or e-mail at artgwelter at america on line dot com.

I'm such a Luddite that I only realized a few months ago that I no longer needed to pay $10.00 a month to keep my email address, doh :-[

Art

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »

Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone is interested.

David redesigned the protocol on Mixing Station QU along with some other nice upgrades last week and I used it last night for the first time.
ZERO drop out all night - so it seems this problem has been resolved.

I can finally start using the Samsung View properly after 18 months of owning it. I am a happy camper.

Mal Brown

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »

Did you finally hire your SSID ?  Not broadcast it that is ?  If not, do that and write down the name you assign.  That keeps all the devices in the house from banging of your network. For me, 2.4 and 5g on an Airport Express have been rock solid.  I use the Apple utility to find the least cluttered channel and have my SSID hidden.  I also do not use 192.168.nnn.nnn. Based addresses as every consumer device seems to want to default there.

I bowed out of reading about page 9...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.