ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung View  (Read 54873 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Samsung View
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »

Quick update - over 6 hours - 4 devices on QU YOU, 3 iem transmitters, my home network and bridge, neighbors same and the Samsung is still connected........( shhhhhh -don't say anything yet.....)

ANYTHING!!

Anecdote:  last week I had terrible time staying connected to the venue's password protected 2.4gHz access point.  This is the SSID used by the artistic staff and touring business staff, so during showtime there's usually little traffic and I can update my Kindle (app) library, read the PSW forums or the local news without any problems.

While my Galaxy S5 said I was connected almost everything would time out.  Tried my Windows 10 tablet, same thing.  I think the AP was too busy deflecting 2000 promiscuous connection attempts (we're not a hook up bar, Mr. Device) to maintain statefull connections.

This is one reason I don't use iThingy or Droid devices for mission-critical control.  I've had great luck with using iOS and Droid portable devices over the last couple of years (secondary control, additional display, sound check helper) but it only takes 1 failure to ruin a reputation.  I'm not sufficiently convinced of the robustness of the RF/data link to rely on it as primary.

As for 5gHz... I noticed that Sound Image disables the 2.4 radio in the access points they provide for Lake processors.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »

As for 5gHz... I noticed that Sound Image disables the 2.4 radio in the access points they provide for Lake processors.

Amen to that !

The inability to turn off a 2.4 gHz radio disqualifies a unit for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »

So after 6- 1/2 hours I got my first disconnect last night. If I have to deal with that at a show - I'm in good shape. However, of course there's nothing like a few live shows to really test it out where seemingly the whole world of smart devices and networks have only one goal - to knock me off my connection - LOL !!.....
2 shows this weekend - both outside if weather permits.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »

I left the Samsung connected with an iPod playing on continuous all day today.... got a few drop outs  - not many but more than last night ironically. However,  I was on DHCP so that might have made a difference if a different address was selected ....  Nothing else was on the network at the time so I figured DHCP would be OK.

I was reading on the A&H forum about someone getting drop out on his iPad (which of course is NOT my problem tablet). Someone suggested setting the QU to a static address and keeping the tablet on DHCP. Would that be something I could try perhaps? Does that make some sense to those who know more about these things???...I still have the 5ghz router setting to try yet and getting much fewer drop outs than before so still patiently perfecting  things..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 12:36:58 AM »

I left the Samsung connected with an iPod playing on continuous all day today.... got a few drop outs  - not many but more than last night ironically. However,  I was on DHCP so that might have made a difference if a different address was selected ....  Nothing else was on the network at the time so I figured DHCP would be OK.

I was reading on the A&H forum about someone getting drop out on his iPad (which of course is NOT my problem tablet). Someone suggested setting the QU to a static address and keeping the tablet on DHCP. Would that be something I could try perhaps? Does that make some sense to those who know more about these things???...I still have the 5ghz router setting to try yet and getting much fewer drop outs than before so still patiently perfecting  things..

5 gHz, 5 gHz, 5 gHz, ---- NO 2.4gHz. The cell phones will kill you (and all the other consumer junk found in the area).
Set the mixer ip static. Why not. Just make sure it is out of the DHCP range.
For the tablets, it doesn't matter where the address comes from once you have it. DHCP is fine.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »

5 gHz, 5 gHz, 5 gHz, ---- NO 2.4gHz. The cell phones will kill you (and all the other consumer junk found in the area).
Set the mixer ip static. Why not. Just make sure it is out of the DHCP range.
For the tablets, it doesn't matter where the address comes from once you have it. DHCP is fine.

Just separated the 2.4 from the 5ghz on the AE and set up a new network name. I've kept it hidden so that at shows, the guys using QU-YOU will connect to the 2.4ghz network as usual and I'll use the dedicated 5ghz.

Well, it disconnected less than 5 minutes in but I reconnected and it is rolling right now. I'll leave it on today again. I haven't set the QU to a static IP address yet - I was hoping this would do the trick.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 12:23:28 PM »

Just separated the 2.4 from the 5ghz on the AE and set up a new network name. I've kept it hidden so that at shows, the guys using QU-YOU will connect to the 2.4ghz network as usual and I'll use the dedicated 5ghz.

Well, it disconnected less than 5 minutes in but I reconnected and it is rolling right now. I'll leave it on today again. I haven't set the QU to a static IP address yet - I was hoping this would do the trick.

It would be interesting to look in /var/log/messages and see if there is any indication why the connection is dropping.

There are numerous ping test programs on android.  I like Ping and DNS from Ulf Dittmer it would also be interesting to see if the Android can ping the mixer when the app can't communicate.  You want to use the IPV4 ping option not IPV6

There really is no reason for these connections to drop and to find out if the wifi link is dropping or if it is an application issue would be most helpful.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

It would be interesting to look in /var/log/messages and see if there is any indication why the connection is dropping.

There are numerous ping test programs on android.  I like Ping and DNS from Ulf Dittmer it would also be interesting to see if the Android can ping the mixer when the app can't communicate.  You want to use the IPV4 ping option not IPV6

There really is no reason for these connections to drop and to find out if the wifi link is dropping or if it is an application issue would be most helpful.

Unsure how to accomplish this Scott. I have a speed test on my iMac that tests download, upload and ping  - do you mean something like that?
Anyway - as an update - staying connected to 5ghz has made zero difference. I tried using static address on the QU only and , I couldn't get connection at all so I went back to DHCP........I'm at a loss. I'm just hoping I've done enough to keep drop out to a minimum.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »

I know this is a long shot but some people have reported turning the blue tooth off helps
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »

what android version is the tablet running?
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 25 queries.