ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Engineers" and Pre-SR acoustics  (Read 9427 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: "Engineers" and Pre-SR acoustics
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

A keeping in mind TJs comments on factory set DSP-seems obvious that it should be better than the average guy can do in his shop.

Is the potential improvement enough to overcome manufacturing tolerances?  I'm assuming that speakers are mass produced and programming is just downloaded-but there are tolerances in any manufacturing process-how precise is the programming?  Yes I'm splitting hairs.  I'm not trying to start an argument, or am I? ;D  This is probably the audio equivalent of the theological debate"how many angels can dance on the head of a pin."

I was not referring to what the average person could do in their shop-heck the average audio person doesn't even own an RTA.

I was talking about factory presets is amps or DSPs.

I am not sure-but pretty confidant that most powered speaker programs are NOT tuned specifically for the cabinets they are used in.

ESPECIALLY the cheaper ones.  There simply is no money available for somebody to "fine tune" to a particular cabinet.

And if they did, what happens when the amp needs to be replaced?

Do they insist you send in the cabinet (at whose expense?) to have it "retuned?

I am sure they just dump a program in.

There is a pretty wide "acceptance -pass/fail-range" in all types of loudspeakers.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: "Engineers" and Pre-SR acoustics
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.