ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works  (Read 32703 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2016, 04:59:45 PM »

We'll have to get together sometime. I'd love to do a SM80/TH-118 comparo to my JTR Noesis 3TX/Orbit Shifter rig. I'm in the Tampa Bay area.
If you do please count me in!  I don't have any gear of that level to contribute but I'll be in that market sooner or later and would love a chance to listen.  I'm down by the Space Center but am happy to drive over if the opportunity is open for guests!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Danley Demo
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »

If you do please count me in!  I don't have any gear of that level to contribute but I'll be in that market sooner or later and would love a chance to listen.  I'm down by the Space Center but am happy to drive over if the opportunity is open for guests!
I'm replying simply to change the Subject line from the OP's to the Danley Demo planning. (It seems negative to keep having that "I'm stupid" comment everywhere! ;) )

Thanks!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2016, 02:40:17 PM »

its like rain on your wedding day
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: Danley Demo
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »

Questions about where to buy speakers and quality issues about different types of speakers are going to be a moot point in 3 years as contractors build more houses next to performing spaces. Noise complaints from the dumbasses who bought next to a shed will cause a shift in concert audio. In the future, attendees will dial into a party line on their phone and listen to live music via their ear buds on their phone. The next generation has already been trained to hear music in this way. If they want more bass, they can pay extra to sit in the concert seats that have buttkickers attached.

Concert speakers will be like antique cars, great things of the past.  :'(
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2016, 02:59:38 PM »

Questions about where to buy speakers and quality issues about different types of speakers are going to be a moot point in 3 years as contractors build more houses next to performing spaces. Noise complaints from the dumbasses who bought next to a shed will cause a shift in concert audio. In the future, attendees will dial into a party line on their phone and listen to live music via their ear buds on their phone. The next generation has already been trained to hear music in this way. If they want more bass, they can pay extra to sit in the concert seats that have buttkickers attached.

Or invest in a Company that can provide serious sound treatments and soundproofing.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
Point taken - Guess I'm stupid and don't know how the world works
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2016, 03:02:38 PM »

We are headed there. Snarky Puppy, anyone? http://m.livedesignonline.com/audio-technica-provides-right-solution-snarky-puppy-s-unique-recording-method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »

Interesting insight, but you see this happening in 3 years (or thereabouts)?  A big part of the experience for me is the big sound of a live performance.  I suppose that's the difference between my generation and the newer ones.  Your point reminds me of the people who move right next to an Air Force base that's been there since WWII and then complain about the jets taking off.  I hit my 30-year association with the USAF next month and NEVER tire of hearing these miracle machines fly overhead.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »

Interesting insight, but you see this happening in 3 years (or thereabouts)?  A big part of the experience for me is the big sound of a live performance.  I suppose that's the difference between my generation and the newer ones.  Your point reminds me of the people who move right next to an Air Force base that's been there since WWII and then complain about the jets taking off.  I hit my 30-year association with the USAF next month and NEVER tire of hearing these miracle machines fly overhead.

I don't want to drift off into the weeds of societal issues, but if one buys or builds a home next to a factory, airport or other facility that already makes a lot of racket and then have the chutzpah to complain about the noise, I hope that home becomes infested with termites.

The reason elected officials side with the residents is because in most jurisdictions the tax rate on private residences generates the highest revenues of all real property taxes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:00:42 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2016, 09:34:10 PM »

They already are, replaced by those nasty "J" shaped things hanging from the ceiling :-)
M

John L Nobile

« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »

We are headed there. Snarky Puppy, anyone? http://m.livedesignonline.com/audio-technica-provides-right-solution-snarky-puppy-s-unique-recording-method

Love that band. Recording with a live audience explains the energy in their songs. Cut and paste should be for scrapbooks not music.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.