ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UPS for a Digico SD8  (Read 6445 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: UPS for a Digico SD8
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »

I have used older models of UPS's that didn't like generator power and would just beep a warning. Hopefully the newer ones are better.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 03:11:21 PM »

I have used older models of UPS's that didn't like generator power and would just beep a warning. Hopefully the newer ones are better.

Saw that last week when the genset couldn't stay on 60Hz even with a relatively stable load.  Utility power is quite stable in comparison.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »

If you read around a little you will find that there are two types of generators.  Gas and Diesel.  Like the two fuels there is two types of output from the generators.  Square wave and inverters that have a closer wave form to the AC the power company has. 

The battery backups also have two types and you will find the higher price units will be a better inverter with a wave form closer to the AC we see in the plug. 

I have a tripplite 1U rack mount in with my Berhinger X32 rack.  4U rack case.   The three combined weight around 60 lbs.  A second 4U has the headphone amp and the S16 to give me 32 x 16. 

Gunther Mai

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 07:46:53 AM »

@ Helge Dr. Bentsen

Would be nice to get some feedback about your decisions...
Have my SD8 owner tipps been helpful?

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

Haven't bought any yet, working on a LK patch for the rack, plan is to install them together :)

Have decided upon this model btw:
http://www.apc.com/shop/no/en/products/APC-Smart-UPS-750VA-USB-RM-1U-230V/P-SUA750RMI1U?isCurrentSite=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:37:11 PM by Helge Dr. Bentsen »

Max Hall

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »

Don't know how much your budget is but spending more often pays off as in much longer time, you also have to be careful that the wattage of all equipment plugged into the UPS doesn't exceed the output wattage. Remember that even if mains power is supplied, all power used still goes through the UPS doesn't bypass it, count the wattage you would be using, can ONE input iec cope with all of this?  Would you be running amps through it or just equipment that requires properly shutting down like a digital mixer/ethercon switches etc..., not that you want to incorrectly switch off an amp or things go bang. You could split the input power to equipment and use an automatic power selector (like a backup generator for a house does) when the main input goes dead it switches to the other input, although sometimes this switch isn't quick enough.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

Saw that last week when the genset couldn't stay on 60Hz even with a relatively stable load.  Utility power is quite stable in comparison.

I had this happen to me last fall with a generator connected to my Cyberpower Rackmount unit.  After 3 power failures in 30 minutes, I finally figured out what it was and bypassed the UPS and prayed that no one would unplug me from the generator.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »

* OLD Thread ALERT*

I bought this UPS in the end:
http://www.apc.com/shop/au/en/products/APC-Smart-UPS-1000VA-LCD-RM-2U-230V/P-SMT1000RMI2U

So far it's been good, In running around 57% load with a SD8, MadiRack, Waves Server and a computer+soundcard with Smaart.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 08:40:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.