ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Late check out - experience and opinion  (Read 10767 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Late check out - experience and opinion
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »

So I needed to vent.  Got in at 4 last night.  By the time I got my busy brain to to shut down was 5 or so before REM had fully kicked in.

So at 10:10 (11am checkout) manager major domo is lighting up the phone while housekeeping is pounding. 

So I politely asked that I checked in after midnight could I get late checkout.  I was told no.  Then I offered money, he wanted rack rate.   

The hotel was 30% occupied.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Cailen Waddell

Re: Late check out - experience and opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »

I hope you told him you would be posting the review online and also talking to the corporate chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »

I had something similar happen.

I was on the way to a gig a good ways away. 

I checked in around 5am or so, and asked if they would let me stay till 12.

They said no.  I HAD to leave by 10am.

I was to tired to argue.

I am SURE this cheap hotel was not full.

Some people just don't care about others.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »

I hope you told him you would be posting the review online and also talking to the corporate chain.

I did, the guy bit back at me while I was calmly talking to him.  I said there is no reason to be upset I am just letting you know my perspective so you can communicate to your manager.  He proclaims he is the manager and I told him it's sad your owner won't empower him to make decisions to please the customers.  Its a super 8 and you can see my Wyndham points on the screen (maybe) but when I am at the Marriott they sure known if I am gold or platinum that year and always treat their Elite' well from Fairfield to Renaissance properties.

The real rub is there is a courtyard next store.  I grabbed this place on a insane low priceline deal.  I clearly advised him that his action mean I will never be back.  His give a shit meter did not move.

This was a Super 8, one of the cleanest actually I have been to.  I can tell you the one in Portsmouth Oh.  is infested with constant transient traffic, open exterior doors and marginal housekeeping.  I spent most of the night staring out the window looking at truck and trailer with Sig in hand chambered with the safety off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »

My experience Thursday night was show up at a hotel I spend quit a few nights a year in. New guy at desk proceeds to tell me my corporate rate is no good as they are almost full. Called travel agent and had them book it right in front of the guy and magically I got the corporate rate. He then said well with the DNC in town "philly" the hotel was blacking out any special rates. Kinda pissed me off as I have spent more than 50 nights over the past 2 years there. I always get them to buy in on a late departure but having Platinum status most places helps I guess?  Just not in to playing games when it's not necessary when your a regular or have lots of nights at any particular chain.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 03:54:29 PM »

For a little perspective, they are a business too and can't clean the room if you are still sleeping in it. I suspect they'd gladly sell you another night...

Other side of that coin, I once pulled an all nighter building a show prototype then drove it straight to the trade show in a company van. I desperately wanted to check into my reserved hotel room and go to sleep... I don't think I finally got into a room until sometime mid afternoon. 

It was a little dangerous for me to be walking around the trade show set up area on that little sleep. I was likely to tell too much truth if somebody asked me the wrong question. :o

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I know what it's like.

Difficult to know all the factors at play but, with 30% occupancy, housekeeping staff may have been reduced and anxious to clock out for the day.

In my experience, it's better to request late check-out at time of booking.  Of course, hotels should be more accommodating to their "loyalty" customers than to the average Joe.  But, a lot of properties are franchise, so they vary in service.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 12:20:48 AM »

I spent most of the night staring out the window looking at truck and trailer with Sig in hand chambered with the safety off.

Did you smoke your cig ? Mine dont have a safety.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 01:14:23 AM »

Once drove down to Anaheim for a trade show after work (not NAMM).  Figured I'd stop in Buttonwillow or some joint on the Grapevine and get some sleep before making the last leg.  Made it all the way to Fullerton around 3:30 and found a Motel 6.  Figured I'd sleep in till 9 or so and get to the show by maybe 10:30.  At 6:00 in the morning there's this huge thumping on the room right over my head.  They're going to re-do the roof and they were just dropping rolls of tar paper right above my head.
They were mildly apologetic and instead of reducing the charge they gave me a coupon for another nights stay free.  As if.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »

My record is 2.5 hours in a room. When I went to check out at 6am the lady refused to charge me for the night.  It was on the companies dime so I actually missed out more on points, etc by them not charging me.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.