ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for PRX deals?  (Read 38446 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Looking for PRX deals?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 12:22:41 AM »

I do agree the price difference between series has more to do with functionality and DSP than with transducer quality. It'd be interesting to see what they'd do with upgrading the PRX subs, JBL could always update the SRX's firmware if they've made any advances in the SRX's efficiency/functionality.

What amazes me is the PRX412's are going for more than the 712's.  I thought the Alto Black's for $300 were a bargain.  A powered 12 from JBL for $400 is stupid cheap.  If I had known two months ago I would not have added the Alto's.  For $800 more I could have had 8 712's.  That's a nice monitor inventory.

If you have the cash and are looking to grow your inventory this is a great way to do it.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »

I couldn't resist and ordered 2. Can't afford any more (can't really afford these)- monitor duty for me too (when we provide sound for other bands)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Bolt

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »

I wish the SRX powered series had been out when I was in the market for speakers for my band :(

I agree with the sediment here though.  There really isn't enough daylight between the PRX and SRX series for JBL to continue with both.

Brian Charbobs

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

I wish the SRX powered series had been out when I was in the market for speakers for my band :(

I agree with the sediment here though.  There really isn't enough daylight between the PRX and SRX series for JBL to continue with both.

I sold my Yorkville speakers and grabed a pair of the SRX812P,s. Yea they are a great sounding speaker, no doubt, I now will have all PRX712p's for monitor duty, so the guys will all have great sounding monitors. I compared them to my current monitors, it was not even fair, or to even think we even used those as monitors. They are Peaveys, not to say that are not built well, but wow, the PRX,s as monitors are night and day better. What was I thinking before?
Friends don't let friends use Behringer

Andrew Zannetos

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 11:05:15 PM »

They can't just discontinue their mid-tier powered MI box series (PRX) though. The gap between the PRX and SRX may not be all too great, but EON vs SRX is huge.

George Dougherty

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 11:12:07 PM »

They can't just discontinue their mid-tier powered MI box series (PRX) though. The gap between the PRX and SRX may not be all too great, but EON vs SRX is huge.
They have the PRX400 series that could fill that middle range, but then the SRX800 is a pretty yuge jump in price.  Personally I wouldn't mind if they were replaced with a box having the SRX800 components but without all the extra electronics besides whats needed to process them.  Essentially an upgrade to the PRX700 using the 800 series components.

Andrew Zannetos

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 12:30:07 AM »

They have the PRX400 series that could fill that middle range, but then the SRX800 is a pretty yuge jump in price.  Personally I wouldn't mind if they were replaced with a box having the SRX800 components but without all the extra electronics besides whats needed to process them.  Essentially an upgrade to the PRX700 using the 800 series components.

PRX400 is passive. JBL needs to keep a fine line between series--I know many people, including myself, opted for the SRX800 series instead of the PRX700 not for the functionality and configurability, but for sound quality and SPL--if they were to upgrade the PRX series to where it sounded like the SRX800 series but without user-programmable DSP, JBL would anger a fair few loyal customers.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:33 AM »

PRX400 is passive. JBL needs to keep a fine line between series--I know many people, including myself, opted for the SRX800 series instead of the PRX700 not for the functionality and configurability, but for sound quality and SPL--if they were to upgrade the PRX series to where it sounded like the SRX800 series but without user-programmable DSP, JBL would anger a fair few loyal customers.

JBL pretty much just does what JBL does.  They don't talk about, they don't justify it, they just do it.  That's the way most of the Harman companies operate.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:53 AM »

I agree with the sediment here though.

Your life must be so much fun - agreeing with sludge??  ;)

Andrew Zannetos

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »

JBL pretty much just does what JBL does.  They don't talk about, they don't justify it, they just do it.  That's the way most of the Harman companies operate.

That kind of makes sense seeing as JBL's customer support department is nearly non-existent compared to other companies of its size.  :P

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.