ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Loud monitor but can't hear anything  (Read 5532 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Loud monitor but can't hear anything
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »

I will reduce as much lows as possible with a HP filter until the point in which the vocals and instruments sound thin and almost telephone like.
This is a very good place to start. I have found that cutting low end to wedges really helps clean things up.
Vocalists don't need to sound like FM DJs!
Once the band is playing and the house PA is working, the vocals may sound just fine on stage.
Less is best.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

robert.juric

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »

Can you explain more your concerns on this?
My ministry went through the switch to in-ears many years back. For musicians, those who don't mind having over the ear style headphones typically won't mind using shared headphones. For those who prefer in-ear style headphones, they can personally provide their own.
To help the rotating team remember to bring their in-ears, I provided a tackle box with their names in it that they can store their personal in-ears at the church.

During our service the praise team is up and down on stage at least 3 times. Now I'm just assuming, but I anticipate they would complain about being tethered, and I don't know if wireless would be in the budget. I do like the idea of storing their personal in-ears at the church for them. I'll bring this up and see what they think.

Thanks for all the other input from everyone else. I've already turned down the main instrument (piano) in the monitors. I will look at the EQ, but I don't think our board has the ability to EQ just the aux send. The EQ is where my skills as a sound tech start to wane. I really appreciate insights such as this.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »

The EQ is where my skills as a sound tech start to wane.
Something to practice then  :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.